Thread: Copy files in DOS to USB drive

Copy files in DOS to USB drive

I promised a friend to keep his computer away from virus infection. Now I had urgent need for copying some files in my usb drive. I had found some virus detection in my pen drive last time scanning. So that shows that the usb is infected. The best way is to boot in safe mode command prompt and then copy files directly in it. I need some on the same. How can I do that. I am looking for usb antivirus software. So that in future I can use it to protect other PC from being infected.

Re: Copy files in DOS to USB drive

Antivirus on a USB key is not impossible. There are lots of complications in that. You can disable autorun which can avoid adding virus in the pen drive in case you attach a usb in your system. It is quiet dangerous connecting any usb in system which can infect the same. Just try to scan your pendrive thoroughly before pluggin it in any system. It is better if the system has a good firewall and antivirus suite.

You can try Xcopy command to copy files to your usb. I use whenever I feel that there is virus in my system. This command has two parts. The source specifies the name and location of files to copy. Source must contain a unit or a path. And target specifies the destination files to copy. Targets may include a drive letter and a colon :, a directory name, file name or a combination thereof. The example command is xcopy e:/temp \f. F is your usb

There is a usb drive provided by Bullguard. This usb comes with an antivirus application in it. In addition to encryption, the data can also be analyzed before being stored on the key to ensure they do not contain any virus, trojan or malware. Antivirus software is included with the key, it is the antivirus Trend Micro USB Security for Biz. It comes with three years of free update.

I heard about TrustPort Antivirus USB Edition 2010. It brings a portable version of TrustPort Antivirus on USB stick as well to so-called U3 USB sticks. In contrast to the normal version only uses the portable antivirus engine. It is installed on the usb and quiet good for protection. It clears up usb viruses and analyze your data. It is nice and powerful for usb version and it is free.

Try Portable ClamWin is an antivirus. It is small antivirus protection for usb but effective. It features a friendly graphical interface and easy to use. The antivirus is portable and recordable on a USB key. So you just need to add and then run the same in any system. The application includes virus scans and a programmable standalone virus scanner. The virus database is updated daily to ensure optimal security of your files.

If you are using a virus scanner on a USB drive then it is quiet complicated and there are very less chances that it will work on ot. There are some tool based on BartPE which is a type of windows on simplified bootable CD, but I do not really about them. It is really hard to find a bootable antivirus software also. There are some branded applications which provides you the same.