Thread: Computer Completely Freezes When Viewing myspace

Computer Completely Freezes When Viewing myspace

I had been having tribulations recently by means of some sort of Trojan on my system, and my friend told me "Do a system recovery, that fixed my system" so I did it. I originated the recovery discs and did a system recovery and at present each time XP starts it freezes entirely. It freezes characteristically subsequent to asking for me to locate a driver called "swmidi.sys" So what I desire to be familiar with is, is there a way to get approximately this. The second thing is, might I reformat my HDD and utilize the backup CD's my step-dad burned method back in 2000 when he purchased the system to re-install Windows XP or do I have to download and burn it on an additional disc, almost certainly a handful of CD's, and install it then.

Re: Computer Completely Freezes When Viewing myspace

You be supposed to have comprised the alternative to do a "factory restore". Do that. Next time do not listen to your friends. Come here and they determine to get a fixed up by means of a lot less grief. So make use of the recovery discs to boot up the system recovery and set it back to the technique it was from the factory. If I went to that directory and solitary clicked that file Avast freaked out saying it was a virus. Would it have been safe to have comprised and deleted that file despite my "friend" telling me to leave it unaccompanied.

I did not try and run or work it; I immediately clicked on it to observe if I might specifically scan that file the moment I hit it off on it said it was a virus. I told my friend "Dude, I presently clicked on it and at present my computer is spazzing and Avast says it’s a virus, be able to I delete it currently" Your friend might desire to hang regarding and read these pages as well. He might actually learn something.

Okay at present I have innovative tribulations, I formatted my drive and re-installed Windows XP, additional than at present I am having tribulations installing my video drivers. I go to ATI's website and go to the page where they have encompassed the most recent drivers for the graphics card I am using, I download the drivers and start the installation and nothing. It does not ask me to reset, it does not ask me to do well no matter which. Do I encompass to pull my room apart and locate the original installation disc. That would not create several sense to me in view of the fact that by means of ATI you have to totally eliminate their software in order to update it, in view of the fact that the concept of over-writing and improving what's previously on the system is lost to them.

I have been where you are at, completed what you are doing numerous times in the most recent 37 years. Advice and opinions from everybody make unclear the issue and tribulations. Ignoring my previous statement leads you to. My estimation is turning off system restore points. Merely a target for virus and malware three days. To set trash properties the entire 1 drive size 0K empty at present. 3 b 4 thinking "format reinstall" believe "no format" "install". Similar directory , same username and data for install. Effectively a fresh innovative registry by means of most of your old apps tranquil there "just generate shortcuts to .exe" 4 "my documents and settings folder" utilize it @ your own peril. Particularly if your user account has a password. I generated a folder called 1 on root of drive, the entire my data and installed apps are in sub folders there.

I recently position mutually a media centre PC and the thing maintains crashing haphazardly, screen freeze. Frequently when the CPU is stressed for no matter which up to a minute or additional, additional than sometimes it be able to run the entire night and it determine to be OK. When it does crash I cannot turn it back on for awhile for the reason that it would not boot, and anything under half an hour it would not get past the boot screens and freezes the entire in excess of again. I immediately purchased a innovative PSU (400w) for the reason that the one that came by means of the case was underpowered (270w), fitted it and the whole thing was extremely well, stressed the CPU, playing games and doing simultaneous virus scans and disk defragments, was extremely well the entire night.

No blue screen, presently screen freezes on whatever is on screen at the time. So I have comprised to turn off the system by means of the power button, when I try and boot back up straight away it would not post. I have to wait at least 30 minutes previous to I have full boot up to windows. So that would tell me something requirements cooling down. Additional than by the temps I got the whole thing seems OK components as far as I no are seated appropriately, it’s been dismantled and reassembled a small number of times and the tribulations always been there. Except for the 1st few weeks when the whole thing was extremely well. Got the drivers from the website, and there has been no updates of the drivers in view of the fact that funny thing is the drivers say they are 64bit when its 32bit, additional than they are the accurate drivers. I might be inclined to purchase an innovative mobo, I am pinning my hopes on the CPU being OK.