Thread: Hidden virus deactivating my windows firewall

Hidden virus deactivating my windows firewall

I have a slight problem,when I start my computer my windows firewall is disabled . I am under vista and that the automatic deactivation is quite recent . I thought it could be a virus or trojan , so I made an analysis with: avast, But they have found nothing except some cookies. I look through the many post on this subject I do not find many who can help me , so if someone could help me. Please help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Who is it; 16-07-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Re: Hidden virus deactivating my windows firewall

You need to go to the partition to restore the PC so no second order normally. Check anyway that Windows does not monitor this disk.
    = > Right click on Computer
    => Properties
    => System Protection
    = > System Protection tab , only C : must be checked.
    Your PC is updated?
    => Look in Event Viewer there will perhaps be a track.
    => Look at also in the task manager if you do not have a process that eats all the memory.

You need tio Click Start, in the search box in the menu before services.msc then Enter. In the list of services displayed one called Research Windows Firewall. Double- click it and see if the startup type is automatic. If this is not the case , then click on change OK to save. Reboot the PC and tell me if it starts correctly. May be a configuration of these modules does affect the Firewall. The problem may be present before the installation of these modules.

It is a trojan rather evil if I say blocking firewall, unable to restart in Safe mode , unable to make a striking result of malicious virus scans , blocking network. After verification of software running at startup ( msconfig ), analysis of Hijack this scan, then a few manipulations with beagled Combix, the problem has improved . I swapped Avast Antivir cons. The names that came back were : Win32 : Beagle - AAW [Trj ] , Win32 : Rootkit -gen [ RTK ], Win32: Trajan - gen, INF : Autorun -P. It is not easy but the problem is resolve.

Anti-virus firewall is materialized by an icon symbol infinite bottom right of the screen near the clock . Click on the icon of the Anti -virus firewall.Click Network Connections then Allow all network traffic. To confirm your selection , click Ok. A warning message indicates that Windows Anti - virus firewall is disabled. You can also verify that Allow all network traffic is checked : it means that your Anti- virus firewall has been disabled. To re-enable the Anti -virus firewall, you must perform the same operation : click Internet Protection then Allow all network traffic. Temporarily disable Anti-Virus Firewall V7 Windows 7 and Vista. Manipulations to achieve for the Anti -Virus Firewall V5 and the main firewall.

If you have multiple computers on a home network or small business network , it is important to protect all computers. You must use a hardware firewall ( such as a router ) to protect your network, but you must also use a software firewall on each computer to prevent the spread of a virus on your network in case of infection one of the computers.