Thread: KB976002 To Allow or Not

KB976002 To Allow or Not

I had this KB976002 update confidence upon me most recent night, subsequent to searching Google this morning; reading a lot of views I decided to decline it to install. My reason it is incredible to do by means of the EU telling MS to force EU members to create a physical choice on what "Browsers" they utilize. The alarm bells rang in my head asking why. Wonder if it is even obtainable in the states. What to do in this case.

Re: KB976002 To Allow or Not

I installed the update and in addition had brought up to date (KB976002) last week; did not observe several harm, lazy actually. It's your preference and if anybody complains regarding being 'forced' to do no matter which, blame the EU, not Microsoft; is not it rather the case that the EU insists on people being given the choice of browsers; it's barmy, they have the entire been using / trying substitute browsers for a long time without the EU's 'nanny' approach.

The Browser Choice submission is obtainable to users who are located in member countries of the European Economic Area. The submission is obtainable to download from side to side Windows and bring up to date. This submission generates a shortcut on your desktop. This shortcut lets you visit a Web page in which you are able to select which Web browser you desire to install. In addition, the first time that you log on to the system subsequent to you install the submission, Windows Internet Explorer starts mechanically and displays the Browser Choice Web page." I did not get the shortcut, nor the Web page, even though I observe that the file browserchoice.exe is at present sitting in my Windows\system32 folder. It would not run moreover; maybe it assumes I am content by means of IE8 and do not necessitate a choice. (Well, it's right).

I do not consider you are actually suggesting that not installing it to bring up to date caused those 'anomalies'. Has the tribulations reoccurred what is the full position / filepath of the icon(s) and what do you observe if you then look in the relevant folder in Docs & Settings. The merely information in sequence on the Internet, loosely related to the substance included in your quote, seems to indicate probable tribulations by means of registry keys, additional than it's too vague, IMO, to link to. If you have any tribulations by means of your browser.

I cannot say what accurately caused this, presently strange it was noticed the day subsequent to I denied it to "Install" approximately the time I was searching it. On minimizing my "Tabbed Browser" conference to do additional work, it was then my "desk top . Not in view of the fact that I right clicked on one of the files selected properties and then selected "Open with Notepad". Then I produced a innovative folder and bundled them the entire in there, as for that I do not be familiar with what to do by means of them. My second posts demonstrate the contents of one, they are attractive much similar in contents.

As observe the browserchoice.exe file, seems a diminutive presumptuous of MS to position it on your system, previous to you would agreed to install the update. Apart from twice clicking on several of the .html files, to observe what comes up in Internet Explorer, or whether you get 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' memorandum, my own response would be to delete the lot, unless you maintain the entire log / report files.

If in hesitation, leave them in the Recycle Bin and reboot; cannot observe that deleting them determine to make a scrap of dissimilarity. Btw, to bring up to date was High Priority; be supposed to have comprised been discretionary, in my view and once installed it cannot be uninstalled, according to make a note of which comes up in add / remove. Returning to your inventive position, I cannot observe that you necessitate it and you be able to select 'do not demonstrate this update the entire in excess of again in Windows Update, if it bugs you. [I read somewhere that it comes up in msconfig, additional than not in excavation; must have concluded that I was not previously a convert; nor does Autoruns create several reference it.] Your desktop pic is quite impressive - royalty-free. Several particular programs used to generate your Avatar, or are Nottingham the home of creativity.