Thread: Can I reinstall AVAST 4.8

Can I reinstall AVAST 4.8

I find myself with all files avast 4. In Alwil under program files. Can I delete in program files ? Nothing in Add / Remove program which can delete. More icon at the bottom of the screen. I can not reinstall avast 4 , it says all the elements have been installed from my computer , there's no 4.8 on the web. I'm looking for help installing avast 4.8. Please help.

Re: Can I reinstall AVAST 4.8

It works with the uninstaller in normal mode, validity avast 4.8. Explanations on the site of the uninstaller :
    1. Download aswClear5 desktop.
    2 . Disable Tamper restart in Safe Mode.
    3. Execute the downloaded utility
    4. Find the folder avast the button ".....".
    5 . Click Uninstall.
    6. Restart the computer.

You need to go to the Control Panel ( XP - > Start Menu, Vista - > Windows logo ) and find the section that allows you to uninstall a program. The list of programs you will be offered and there should be symantec or norton in it. if it does not work it was suggested restart in safe mode ( F8 key continuously until the illumination there is white text on black background -> with the arrow keys to choose Safe Mode and confirm key input ) and repeat the history of the control panel . otherwise go to the site to use the norton removal tool (tape '' '' norton removal tool in google , you find ). later to install and configure avast, there is this site very precise to be sure to be protected without being stressed after. Here , good luck but be careful nonetheless not to do anything, ask around for someone you know it.

When you started "Avast " you click on the arrow at the top left. In the menu you click on " Settings ... " is the second line. In the new window after you click on "Themes ". You coches "Show icon in the avast tray ". You coches " Animate icon when a virus scan ". You click on " OK ". You restart your computer. You also trying to restart in Safe Mode to do what you recommend, and missed the F8 key , the PC has restarted normally , and this time , the window "Scan Now " was operational.

avast! can be uninstalled like most other software via the ' Control Panel ', ' add or Remove Programs' . If any problem occurs , use the uninstaller avast !.
    1. Click on start .
    2. Select settings -> control panel (or simply control panel- it depends on your version of Windows) -> add or remove software.
    3. From the list of installed applications , select avast! Antivirus and click change add/remove.
    4. In the window that mentioned explicitly . Uninstall select and click next. Restarting the computer will be required after uninstalling avast! .

Avast is not the best, and terribly slow the pc. Uninstall avast copmplètement not forget to do the research component remaining with " Search " (search by typing ALWIL ) , then install Avira Antivir , also free. My advice also install A-Squared free , very good detector , which is what antivir does not see . Never install two antivirus . A -Squared is not an anti virus, but a hunter of spies and others , so no risk of conflict.