Thread: System hammered by Antivirus SYstem Pro

System hammered by Antivirus SYstem Pro

My system is infected with Antivirus System Pro. It is fake program which entered my system with a popup warning and by mistake I installed it. At that time I was not having a antivirus program. I want to know get rid of this but not finding the way how to do that. I also need some precautionary tips to avoid such infection in my system for future time. What can be done here.

Re: System hammered by Antivirus SYstem Pro

I am listing you some precautions for that. To avoid finding yourself with these fake antivirus and antispyware on your PC, here are some tips. First use a recent browser and type update Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Chrome / Safari fitted with protective anti-phishing. Use Internet Explorer as the last option. Keep your antivirus program upto date. Use a good internet security program.

I also recommend that you vaccinate your USB key against attacks. Finally keep your browser up to date, Firefox does it automatically for example. Here are the files which are used by this first. It runs in the form of sysguard.exe, uninstall.exe and Antivirussystempro.exe. The dll files used by this virus is iehelper.dll. For this best run a internet security in your system it is much more helful.

This files is located in the program files under System Antivirus PRO folder. You will have to delete this entire folder. If it gives you error the boot in safe mode and then delete the same back again. The list of virus files are quarantine.vdb, queue.vdb, mbase.vdb, conf.cfg, uninstall.exe, Antivirussystempro.exem, iehelper.dll and sysguard.exe. Other than this the last thing which is needed is registry cleaner.

Antivirus System Pro is a rogue, that is a malware that claim to be an antivirus when in reality it is the virus. It is not a antivirus but a trojan program. It gives you a fake output of scanning your system and you get warned by a false alarm even when there are no more malware into your system. So first uninstall it and run a full system scan under safe mode. This virus targets buying option for users.

To remove this malware download antimalware suite. Basically malwarebytes is the best one for this. Run the tool and if it does not detects then you must download and install hijackthis. It will generate a log file in the end which will give you a list of all prorams that are right now running in your system. It is much easier then to detect the location of file running in the background.

Download and install CCleaner for that. This fake antivirus programs makes major changes in Windows registry. So you have to fix that also. It is necessary that Windows registry files must be fixed on prime need. Now you can manually delete the same also. But for that you might need to look for the exact location. Like delete the last key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Antivirus System PRO, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ Antivirus System PRO, etc.