Thread: Current version plugin java deployment toolkit 6.0.170

Current version plugin java deployment toolkit 6.0.170

In my system my antivirus delivered a message a 2750 Trojans in my computer. I am facing virus issue in my system. I found that it has happen just after running a udpate. I am using Mozilla and after a java udpate there are tons of Trojan virus. I found some JAVA vulnerability in the system. What is this and how to get rid of this. Does it is some kind of important update in the system.

Re: Current version plugin java deployment toolkit 6.0.170

It is possible that Java Deployment Toolkit can be responsible for the threats in your system. To reduce the possibility of exploiting this vulnerability it is recommended to carry out certain steps. First you can uninstall the Java Deployment Toolkit. The other is you can uninstall Java Web Start if not used, so that can make the system a bit secure. Try to keep your system on limited rights.

It is possible to remove that. You can try the uninstallation option directly from control panel. If that does not works then here are the list of following files which you must delete. First remove the plugin Java Deployment Toolkit. It is not worth to keep it. Then delete the following files from program file folder. Java \ jre6 \ bin \ new_plugin \ npdeployJava1.dll, Java \ jre6 \ bin \ npdeployJava1.dll and Mozilla Firefox \ plugins \ npdeployJava1.dll.

Java Runtime Environment is the runtime environment for the Java platform. There is a vulnerability in Java Deployment Toolkit in Java SE which is exploited by a remote anonymous attacker. You might get a option to run a update and by that the virus enters your system. You must get rid of this. There is no need of this update as it is used only by developers.

The Java Deployment Toolkit allows end users to quickly determine and clearly what version of the Java platform is installed on the PC. The Toolkit created for the delivery of Java-based web applets and applications with a simple JavaScript interface. This recognition of the Java environment of the user and the provision of the Java platform are considerably simplified. There is a vulnerability in the same.

Java Deployment Toolkit includes an ActiveX for Internet Explorer and Firefox plugin. It is created to facilitate the deployment of Java applications. It provides a function to give an argument file manager JNLP (Java Launching Networking Protocol). In a standard configuration, this handler is the Java Web Start. The weakness of the filtering function provided by the launch allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code remotely.

There is no specific tool for that. You just run the un-installation tool. But such adjustments is to be discharged by means of a simple tool safe at least for me. This time I had to do it manually because I did not know how it goes. Although Oracle has provided a patch for a critical vulnerability in the Java Deployment Toolkit in Java WebStart and had published, the Mozilla developers were not convinced that this patch for all Firefox users could fix the problem.