Thread: Cannot run combofix without using other tools

Cannot run combofix without using other tools

Even the combofix application cannot fix the virus which has infected all my system files. I wanted to know why i cannot use the combofix independently i mean to say that the combofix application without using other tools. My system is infected with a virus called as virut i had to disable the virut using symantec applications and then i can run the combofix tool. Please help me so that i can run the combofix directly.

Re: Cannot run combofix without using other tools

I would advice you to install the combofix application once again it appears as the combofix application also have been corrupted and hence you are not able to use the application on your system. It is also possible to that this application is not compatible with the symantec and hence the error so try to disable symantec before you run the combofix.

As far as i know you cannot run the combofix application can be ran after disabling the antivirus application which you all are having so i would advice you to disable all the antivirus application including the symantec for sometime. The combofix application should start working as soon as you disable the antivirus application.

Some of the system files needs to be repaired and hence you will have to perform automated system recovery on your system so you will have to use the recovery cd which you may have got from the hardware vendor from where you have purchased your system. insert the cd wait for the blue screne and simply press the R button to start the Recovery process.

Your system definitely requires a restoration process i will suggest you to perform a system restore on your system try restoring the system to a date where your system was working absolutely fine and i think you can even restore the system that means the system can also made free from the viruses by performing the system restore.