Thread: Need help for Total PC Defender virus

Need help for Total PC Defender virus

Currently I am using window XP on my computer system and when I am starting my computer system, no icons can be visible on the desktop, but only the large box appears and scanning the Total PC Defender. It seems to be scanning for checking viruses. I am not able to stop scanning. All the other things on the system seem to disabled. I tried to press CTRL, ALT, DEL so that I can stop the process through the task manager. But the thing is that task manager is not coming up. I need help for Total PC Defender virus.

Re: Need help for Total PC Defender virus

To eliminate e Defender Total PC, you must delete the files from PC Total Defender. Stop the process of Total PC Defender. Total PC Defender.exe
    Remove the Files Total PC Defender
    c: \ Program Files \ Total PC Defender \ Total PC Defender.exe
    % UserProfile% \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Quick Launch \ Total PC Defender.lnk
    % UserProfile% \ Desktop \ Total PC Defender.lnk
    % UserProfile% \ Start Menu \ Total PC Defender \ Total PC Defender.lnk

Remove the registry keys Total PC Defender
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ Total PC Defender
    Remove the files Total PC Defender
    c: \ Program Files \ Total PC Defender
    % UserProfile% \ Start Menu \ Total PC Defender

Here are the simple steps for deleting this Total PC Defender. You need to click on the Start menu (Start) of Windows, then click "Search" (Search). A window appears that asks, "What do you look for?" Click "All Files or Folders." Write the file name in the search box and select "Local Hard Drives." Click the button "Search." Once you have found the folder, and remove it from your computer system.

Total PC Defender is yet another dishonest antispyware application that uses manipulative tactics to try to take your hard earned money. Total PC Defender, also known TotalPCDefender, TotalPC Defender Total PCDefender, and gains access to your computer without your authorization or knowledge. It can start automatically every time Windows starts. Total PC Defender will cause all sorts of computer problems, including the display of spurious messages and fake system notifications regarding safety.

I am looking for help to eliminate "all pc defender" has invaded my computer. (It blocks everything; I do not even START with the bar) I thought to remove it with "spyware doctor" that I detected six threats and 331 infections! But it pays off (I am suspicious) so if someone had an effective method would be really nice knowing I am not a computer expert and I do not know what to do. Thank you in advance.

Get Rkill (from Grinler). Double-click it to launch it (for Vista / Win 7, then right click, choose "Run as an Administrator"). It will automatically shut down processes associated with some rogues. If you have a message indicating that your antivirus is a Rkill, ignore it and starts again after disabling Rkill software that blocks it. After doing this download, install and am updating Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then do a full scan and post the report. If MalwareBytes's infection was detected, click View Results, and then click Remove Selected.

Disables security software (antivirus, antispyware) then: Download Combofix sUBs: ComboFix.exe and save it on your desktop and not elsewhere! You need to double click combofix, accept the license agreement and let you drive. Optionally, install the Recovery Console as it is recommended Wait until combofix has finished, a report will be created. Post the report. If Combofix does not start, rename the file and retry Combofix.