Thread: Autoplay is disabled after combofix. No fix works

Autoplay is disabled after combofix. No fix works

Recently my system was infected with a virus and hence i installed the combofix application my system was running with windows XP. After the Comnbofix applicaiton fixed the virus. My Autoplay was disabled after installing the combofix and hence whenever i insert a portable media like the USB Pen drive or cd or dvd the Autoplay option does not open it self so i had to play the files manually. Hope you all will help me in this matter.

Re: Autoplay is disabled after combofix. No fix works

Firstly i would always recommend you to use the Combofix application under the guidance of an expert since the expert will help you not to get caught in such situations. I would advice you to go and uninstall the combofix application since the combofix application might have been clashing with the Autoplay files and hence i must have been disabled unanimously.

It appears as there is a problem in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer . check whether it Verifies the value NoDriveTypeAutoRun 0x00000091 (145) otherwise change the (double click and type the value 91) . If this key does not exist it will create it (right click New, then DWORD Value) . To disable the autorun put B5. You should have 0x000000b5 (181).

This problem is because your system has been corrupted and hence i would suggest you to repair your system use the recovery cd which you may have got from the vendor while purchasing your system insert it inside the system and when the blue screen appears it will ask you to start the automated system recovery you can get it started by hitting the R button and the system will be recovered hopefully.

It appears as your system have disabled this feature because of a virus. so i would advice you to use the AVG free antivirus application on your system. install the same on your machine and get your system scanned. if you still cannot resolve the issue then i would suggest you to refer the How to remove Antivirus Soft

Your system seems to have got corrupted and hence you are getting this error. So i would advice you to get this problem solved by repairing the system files on your system you can do this by using the CD which you have got on your system press the R button on the blue screen to repair your system.