Thread: Combofix will not uninstall after using "combofix /u"

Combofix will not uninstall after using "combofix /u"

I have been using the Combofix application with my desktop computer which is running with windows XP. I was trying to uninstall the same using the command Combofix /u in the run command and to my surprise i would like to know why it is not removed when i used the command in the run box. Please give me an appropriate solution to uninstall the combofix.

Re: Combofix will not uninstall after using "combofix /u"

Is the folder name Combofix is what you type in the command prompt. It is case sensitive. You can also try "% userprofile% Bureaucombofix.exe" / u. Moreover, if Combofix is not on your Desktop, the operation will fail. If it still does not tell us where the file is installed Combofix. Otherwise, you download Cleaner Tools that you throw next. You click on the top left on Search and then after the analysis (the program may not respond and the CPU uses a lot), then you click on Remove to clean up. You also click temp files then Exit. After this simply delete the icon.

It is true that I deleted the combofix program office through a trash can into ccleaner. But then I recovered and tried verbatim "% userprofile% Bureaucombofix.exe" / u, and I'm left with a window with choices execution ComboFix.exe execute or cancel, as if it is to launch the application. this is ok to uninstall. Furthermore, as the combofix folder (c: ) has 243 files and subfolders for nine 113 mo once there seems to have files + or - due to windows in there.

I think that the command which you are using to uninstall the combofix is not correct because as far as i know the /u cpommand or attribute can be used to remove an application from the registry entry and you cannot uninstal an applicaiton using the /u attribute. so try to remove it using the manual method it will be removed. I would also suggest you to go through the Is PEV.EXE a Combofix File

You can also make use of a number of uninstallers application like the Revo uninstaller and the windows uninstaller utility these applicaiton takes a very good care of all the applications which are not functioning well in your operating system. Hope that this will help you to get rid of the Combofix application.

Don't worry if the command is not working you have a number of options like you can try to get the applications uninstalled from the Add/Remove program utilty within the control panel. This will list all the installed applications present in your system. Select Combofix and click the adjacent remove button. For more details Refer How to remove Antivirus Soft

Try the steps listed below:
    1. Download the Revo uninstaller Application.
    2. Save Revo Uninstaller on the desktop.
    3. Then right-click and select Run as Administrator
    4. Double-click it and click Search -> The program looks for the utilities installed
    5. It may be that the window turns white during the scan is normal!
    6. Copy and paste the contents of the report that appears in the white window.

When the search is completed Revo uninstaller displays a list of various tools found, click "Remove" to remove them. and Dump Trash. Close the program by clicking on "Exit".