Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is PEV.EXE a Combofix File

Networking & Security

Old 13-07-2010

Is PEV.EXE a Combofix File

I have a very weird problem, I first had a virus which does not affected much After playing a game online my desktop computer crashed ( 3 times in the same game), we think it's the graphics card in both cases for the card I am monitoring my pc As concerns the crash of the pc with inability to reboot the computer in normal mode seemed to come from the card instead of a file. But my antivirus detects the PEV. exe file can anyone tell me how can i get rid of this file is the PEV.EXE file associated to combofix please elaborate.

Old 13-07-2010

Re: Is PEV.EXE a Combofix File

We will begin with a general scan, then should see if we manually can delete files like the one you have just analyzed

Download and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
At the end of the installation, ensure that the option "update Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware" is checked
Lance MBAM and let Updates to download (if not doing them manually launch the program)
Then go into the "Search" tab, check "Run a quick scan" then "Search"
Select your hard disk "then click" Start Review "
At the end of the scan, click View Results
Mark all the items detected and then click Delete Selected
Save the report
If asked thee to restart, click Yes
Mail in your next reply with a report appearing after the removal.
Old 13-07-2010

I own the Software System Security, and the software tells me there is a virus in almost all my files. So I can not I connect to MSN, or make use of MF, or extract files or even play games or install software. After a little research, I discovered that this software is a virus that tries to convince me that for transferring by credit card to be protected so-called virus.
Old 13-07-2010

I scanned my system with the MBAM or the Malwarebytes antimalware utility. but just let me know is the Pev.exe , a threat, I am not able to delete the file it is at the location which i have given below

K : \ System Volume Information \ _restore { 66B27AFA - 1DD5 - 482A - 8E3B - FFD6BB9D3FC4 } \ RP30 \ A0014271.exe \ [ Embedded_I # 0040d0 ] \ [ # Embedded_R M3PLUGIN.DLL ]

how can I delete it please help
Old 13-07-2010

Try using the Microsoft security Essential applicaiton since this application will definitely help you to get the problem solved. Since the Microsoft Security ssential is one of the best and powerful application which helps and protects the system from all such kind of threats. Moreover the Microsft Security Essentials application is available absolutely free you can download it from the Microsoft website.
Old 13-07-2010

Follow the below mentioned procedures.
  1. Get TFC by Oldtimer on your desktop
  2. Double click on TFC.exe to launch.
  3. The tool will close all programs when run, so make sure you've saved all your good work in progress before you start
  4. Click on the Start button to start the process.
Old 14-07-2010

I would suggest you to download the combofix application and then follow the procedures which are mentioned below:
  1. Double click ComboFix.exe.
  2. Tape the 1 key to start the scan and then let yourself be guided.
  3. ComboFix will restart your PC.
  4. When the scan is completed, a report will appear. Copy / paste that report into your next reply.
NOTE: The report is also available here: C: \ Combofix.txt
Old 15-07-2010

Yeah the pev.exe is associated to the comnbofix only and hence i would suggest you to get the files removed using a powerful application since this will harm your system files in future anxd it will also not allow you to install the Combofix application in future. You can try to use Microsoft security essential

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,