Thread: Cannot find C:\Combofix\hidec.exe on Startup

Cannot find C:\Combofix\hidec.exe on Startup

I had recently run combofix.exe file on my system. I am facing some trojan virus issue. I am not getting proper solution to get rid of this. After installing Combofix when I rebooted my laptop and clicked on the icon it popped out a error saying Cannot find C:\Combofix\hidec.exe on Startup. I am facing the same issue in some applications. It looks like there is some serious trojan virus in the system.

Re: Cannot find C:\Combofix\hidec.exe on Startup

Just click on start and then click on run. In the box type combofix /u and then click on ok. If you find some errors after that like cannot fine, or error loading, etc then you must re-install the same. There is malware in the system. You must try to reload the program or else get a better antivirus support. You can run the same in safe mode and then check back again. Also download any autorun entry if you found.

Yes just check the autoruns in your system. First uninstall the tool and then reboot your system. Create a new folder in c driver and copy AutoRuns. A small free application to fix your system autorun. There might be virus in the same. You can then run the exe file in the folder which will scan your system. You can check those entries and fix them out. Just run a good antivirus scan under safe mode.

You must check first the temporary folder. It is the folder where virus comes from the internet. If the trojan is in the temporary Internet files directory is that it has downloaded but maybe it was not installed. Using browser options, delete temporary files like Tools > Internet options > delete files default in most of the browser you can remove it. And then checks the disappearance. If the virus is still present, restart in Safe Mode and the same procedure.

Remove all the files from C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ systemprofile \ LocalSettings \ Temporary. Then download any free antivirus program and run a scan. Your antivirus is either corrupted or not workign. It is better to use always one firewall. To remove a trojan in safe mode, it should uncheck the system restore. In normal mode, you go to Control Panel and you choose system. then in System Restore check the option disable restoration. Then reboot your system and activate your anti-virus.

There are lots of trojan detection which cannot be fixed by a simple antivirus program. Like Troj / Vidlo-H whic is a downloader Trojan which attempts to illegally download an executable file from a remote location using port 80 to the temporary folder and then to execute this file. So if you found any outbond connection then you must first block that. A firewall can do that.

My system as infected with Troj / Vidlo-H virus. It runs continuously in the background waiting to start the activity of Internet Explorer, and then it injects its code downloader in the process space of Internet Explorer in order to obtain the reported a reliable application and thus bypass the firewall. And same like this Troj / Vidlo-H is known for injecting a variant of the Trojan horse thief passwords named Troj / Bancsde. Download Symantec for that.