Thread: ComboFix scanning for 2 hours-is it hung?

ComboFix scanning for 2 hours-is it hung?

I really need here. I had a problem in my system. I have a virus on my computer running windows xp. This virus had made my system freeze. I had last week downloaded a free screensaver. There was some files in that which added a toolbar on my browser. From that time my net is dying and the pc hangs on scanning. I had downloaded and installed Combofix but when I run the scan it works still for 2 hours.

Re: ComboFix scanning for 2 hours-is it hung?

To fix this just reboot your pc and boot in safe mode. Then scan your pc for virus. You must get a new antivirus or else combo fix is enough. Before that I was having a similar function where I was not able to install an antivirus because each time the antivirus said I cannot manage the launch and also I was not able to cannot to my database of virus definitions. I had scan my system in safe mode and done.

To fix this just reboot your pc and boot in safe mode. Then scan your pc for virus. You must get a new antivirus or else combo fix is enough. Before that I was having a similar function where I was not able to install an antivirus because each time the antivirus said I cannot manage the launch and also I was not able to cannot to my database of virus definitions. I had scan my system in safe mode and done.

I managed to install bitdefender and it found problems but then run in windows. It said that there was important files missing and then the antivirus program cannot start. So I am reinstalling my Windows XP back again. I had ever had this problem before and if somebody knows to fix that then what is the best thing I can do. I am looking for some better firewall solution. Formatting Windows looks the only option.

I am almost sure to have a virus in my system. But I do not know which because I am unable to open my antivirus program as the virus is blocking access to the same. I am using Panda antivirus solution a free version. I did some research on net and found that a Serflog is on the system. I found FixSflog application on the system and run it. But it said that it does not find Serflog.

Restarts in a safe mode. Beware, you do not have internet access in this mode. After loading the BIOS completed, there is a black screen. Seconded F8 or F5 to display the advanced options menu of Windows. Using the cursor keys, select Safe Mode and press Enter appropriate. Then in safe mode run a antivirus scan and system restoration option. Also beware that system restoration can put back the virus.

Download and install Hijackthis. Double click on the desktop and run this. Once it is done then run the scan and let it generate a log file which will be placed somewhere in the default directory. At that time stop all running programs and close all windows. Run HijackThis using the shortcut and click on the button Do a system scan and save a logfile. The HijackThis report (log file) will be saved in C: \ Program Files \ HijackThis. See the log file for virus.