Thread: Will you upgrade to Norton AntiVirus 2012 ?

Will you upgrade to Norton AntiVirus 2012 ?

Norton Antivirus 2012 is available for upgrade and on trail basis. If you want you can test the full featured product for 90 days. That is quiet enough time. You are getting almost 3 months free license which is far more better than other free antivirus program. There are right now three editions. They are :

• Norton Antivirus 2012 with Antispyware - 1 year Rs.998.99 & 2 year Rs.1886.99
    • Norton Internet Security 2012 - 1 year Rs.1219.99 & 2 year Rs.2839.99
    • Norton 360 version 6.0 - 1 year Rs.1648.99 & 2 year Rs.3320.99

The price looks reasonable and a yearly cost of Rs.1500 is not bad for your data security and protection. It is recommended that you must have a look on features and upgrade to the new version. I am planing to go for the same. I will go with the trail first to ensure the usage and pressure this antivirus will put on the operating system. Later on I will finally decide what to go for.

Re: Will you upgrade to Norton AntiVirus 2012 ?

I will go for the first phone Norton Antivirus 2012 with Antispyware. This is is quiet better. The pack gives a Antivirus, Antispyware, Phishing protection and Browser Protection. Good for those who carry day to day online transactions. This is the most basic edition. But if we compare the 360 edition with this then you just need to play around 700 more to get full security support. Because Norton 360 offers you everything from internet security to pc protection. While Norton 2012 is only use for personal usage. I will not say that it is bad but fine for a year. You do not need to worry about any virus issue because the Antivirus with Antispyware editions blocks viruses, spyware, online threats, etc. It also checks your emails and block if there are infected with any virus. Norton Rescue tool is the default feature which is added in older version and this time in 2012 there are more additions that you can go for. There is no identity protection, parental control and backup support provided. For that you will either need to go for Internet Security or 360.

I am using Norton 360. I will surely upgrade for the same. It looks that Norton has reduces the prices of new products. Because I remember before some years I had even paid around 3000 for regular antivirus.

Yes that is quiet cheaper. For 2K Norton is much better product. It can deal with any kind of latest threat and also heal your files. While some other antivirus simply deletes the files if they are infected. Today most of our time is internet. So there are chances that some sites or some download can carry virus with them.

For that purpose I will recommend to go for Internet Security 2012. This is a complete pack of suite which is recommended for every user. You get Antispyware in that. Along with that you get phishing protection to block spoofed website, online identity protection service which do not allow your information leaked on web, antispam tool, network monitoring, parental control and special social networking protection.

This is an add-on provided in this edition due to rise and popularity of social networking website. From 10 every 9 people are engaged on some social networking website. Facebook is the most popular among them. This sites are too facing virus issue. Norton's Internet Security suite helps you to keep you protected everywhere.

I would love to have Norton products but they are too resource intensive. The higher pack you buy the more application runs in the back-end. My old system with 1GB ram and Dual Core process freezes quiet lot. It also slows down bootup.

That is actually not a proper reason. I had noticed the same too. So the first thing you must have a at-least 2gb ram support and cpu like Intel core i3. I agree that Norton products are resource intensive, but the latest which are out in the market are more optimized. You can find the difference in performance while using it. It is good for those who have local lan offices or having a small home network. According to me the best pack that you must go fir is Norton 360. It has all the options that you may directly or indirectly need.

Norton 360 comes with with a pc tuneup software that can help you to tune your slow system performance. You must use that. It will help you to gain better startup. Along with tuneup tool it also helps you to hav a virtual 2Gb storage online. That is secure and protected. You can keep your important files on web and keep it secure as per your need.

There is also no great difference in price if you go for upgrade. I just found that list too.

• Norton 360 Version 6.0 Premier Edition - Rs. 3,899.99 (1 year protection for up to 3 PCs)
    • Norton 360 Version 6.0 - Rs. 1,434.99 (1 year protection for 1 PC)
    • Norton Internet Security 2012 (1 Year Subscription) + Norton Utilities - Rs. 1,534.99 (1 year protection for up to 3 PCs)
    • Norton AntiVirus 2012 - Rs. 998.99(1 year protection for up to 3 PCs)

I would like to highlight some changes done to Norton 2012 compared to 2011. First the interface. It is very smooth and clear. There are all important icons placed properly for quick configuration. If we see properly you will find that the Antivirus has just made maximum changes in the interface. While if compare the features there are rare changes. All things are upgraded to enhance the antivirus output. Compare to older version this is better.

There are many tweaks that are added in the software. This makes it quiet comfortable to use. There is a bandwidth meter, download checker, and Norton Sonar. From security point of view the antivirus is more safe. 24x7 tech support is provided so that if you face any issue you can contact the tech support department and sort that out. Performance point of view Norton is more improved. It is clean and and fast. Still the boot time is affected. Because it takes time to load up all services of Norton properly on your system.

Norton products are used widely. So you do not need to go in much detail. Even if you are not a Norton user you can simply get the product on your screen. Do not rely on free editions because threats are getting smarter day by day.

I am using avast. And just for testing I had installed Norton in my system. The trail was installed properly. It took quiet a lot time to run the update. Once done with that my boot time is increased. After when everything load up, I found that Norton works quiet nicely and cleans the system also. But to some extent you need a good system hardware. It is quiet irritating to use it on system with 2GB ram and Dual Core cpu. 45% of your physical ram remains occupied. It looks that this changes on the basis of edition that you are using. For example the Antivirus edition is having lowest tool while 360 edition is filled with utilities.