Thread: Combofix for Windows 7 64-bit

Combofix for Windows 7 64-bit

Actually I am concern, I cannot get the combofix to run under Window 7, I am getting message that the system is incompatible and only reserved for window XP. Will there be a Combofix for Windows 7 64-bit, because I need it. Previously I was using window XP and combofix is working fine there. Is there any solution for this problem? I will be waiting for your reply.

Re: Combofix for Windows 7 64-bit

Get sUBs DDS, on the desktop. The tool does not require installation; launch it by clicking on the icon dds.scr A DOS window will appear. A first report opens DDS.txt you save as default on the desktop, content that you post. You will be asked if you want to do the scan option. Accepts; A new report opens in Attach.txt you registered on the desktop. Create a new folder in c: \ named HJT and download HijackThis.exe into this new folder created:
    1. Generate a report by following these instructions:
    2. Run the (right click | as administrator if your OS is Vista) and click on Do a scan and save log file.
    3. The report opens with the notepad
    4. Glue the report here, for this:
    5. Menu Edit / Select All
    6. Edit Menu / Copy
    7. Here in a new message: Right click / Paste

I want to download the Combofix disinfection, but I am having 64 bit windows 7, and of course, it is not compatible. Is there any other software tool for replacing it by another program? I am speaking here for the replacement of combofix is that we all know the reputation of malekal safety, and I think that I can find the answer for my question.

In recent years I disinfect PC and repairs regularly. It made me realize that the virus now in the repair does not take the road. There are some tools which I speak probably do the work: GMER, CatchMe, and Combofix. These tools are developed voluntarily a superb job rootkit detection and repair system. And although 64-bit Windows, they are totally irrelevant for the moment. So a good tip: if you are under 64-bit OS, think 2 times, not three times, not four times! Before selecting a program you do not know, even if you trust in Him who sent you! First check that you sent has voluntarily and secondly make sure a service like virustotal there is no virus.

Combofix is really great, I use it regularly, and I do not remember having executed on 64bit yet. I will test to see. By cons I immediately understood the real interest of GMER. As a general rule, the process can be seen squinting windows, or they are rootkits (that combofix removed very well indeed). If any one of you is not able to run the combofix then try to use any other tool that is similar to combofix.

For this type of threat a 64-bit OS takes full advantage of security on a 32-bit OS, let me explain: The 64-bit operating systems are equipped with the KPP (Kernel Patch Protection) or Patchguard this feature has been reached between Microsoft and the famous security editor for professional Sophos clear: OS 32 BIT: To penetrate into the kernel, if the rootkit has a key can open the door and you are infected. OS 64 BIT: Much more difficult to penetrate because even if the rootkit to the key, the keyhole is not so bye bye the rootkit. So we are told we are still on Windows 64 bit OS, no rootkits?

There are at least of the proofs of concept of the possibility of rootkits 64bit OS ( BlackHat Presentation). It does not take long before they arrive. Besides SAR (Sophos Anti-Rootkit) is ported to 64bit to take into account future rootkits. Although SAR Ben is far from being the best antirookit. Finally it depends on you which antirootkit you prefer to use.

Normally a 32bit application can work on 64bit platform. So for a test you can try. There is no version of 64bit version of Combofix. But it works on 64bit of Windows and to some extent it work. Anyhow the drivers used in Windows 64 bit needs to be digitally signed. Comparison to 32bit, 64bit operating system is more secure. So there is really no need to install this software on your 64bit system unless you have a good antivirus support.

Combofix is good to find rootkits and malware. As 64bit operating system are also facing a issue of virus. For that you can also give a try installing Hijackthis. This software scan your system for virus and generates a log file. You can track the list of applications that are functioning in your system. It is also a nice tool and there are other scanners also. Combofix is a very basic app which is not recommended to deal with major virus issues.