Thread: Malware Defense, Trojan.FakeAlert, Rootkit.TDSS and others

Malware Defense, Trojan.FakeAlert, Rootkit.TDSS and others

There has been gone something seriously wrong with my computer system as i keep on getting the pop ups stating my computer was infected. And these pop ups are about MalwareDefense. I do not know what program is this but i guess no antivirus program on my system are working.
    I have installed Spyware Doctor as well as Malwarebytes on my system but none of them are running or updating themselves. What kind of virus is this and why it is not getting deleted? What has happened to my system, It says that there are Trojan.FakeAlert & Rootkit.TDSS on my system.

Re: Malware Defense, Trojan.FakeAlert, Rootkit.TDSS and others

I would like to inform that the pop ups which you are getting on your system are just fake alerts about the viruses which are popping up on your system from the Malware Defense which is again a fake anti virus software on your system or you may say that it is itself a virus which you need to remove from your computer. I suggest you to reinstall an any antivirus software on your system and then directly run full scan on your system and check that is there any such viruses on your or not as mentioned by the Malware Defense.

I guess you have got some kind of virus on your system by visiting the malicious website from your system. Actually the Malware Defense is a anti virus program but the pop ups which you are getting on your system are just fake and i suggest you not to click on any of the links provided by such pop ups in order to install the full version of that program. Instead of trusting this kind of pop ups, You should first trust an ant virus software which has been installed on your system. So please scan your system with those anti viruses which are there on your system. You may have to reinstall them as these viruses have made them corrupted.

If none of an anti virus softwares are not working on your machine then no worries as i have given you the link from where you can download the Norton Virus Definition which is great software to remove all the latest viruses and there is no problem while using this software on your system. You just need to keep on updating this software after few months so that it keep on updating its data about the more latest viruses. Click on Norton Virus Def to download it.

You should always keep the firewall of your operating system enabled as it is the only mechanism which checks for the each and every bits of the data which comes at your system. So if there would be even a single bit of malicious data then you will get notification about the same and hence you can stop that data transmission whether it could be from an internet or from some other source such as external drives. Follow these steps to enable your systems firewall if you are using windows xp.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. On the General tab, click On (recommended).
    3. Click OK.

I suggest you to block such websites from the Browser which directly redirects you to such websites and hence your computer keeps on getting data from those websites by automatically running scripts on those webpages. You have to change the setting on your browser which lets you stop visiting such web sites not even by mistake.