Thread: AVG & Security Tool virus - System.exe sucking resources

AVG & Security Tool virus - System.exe sucking resources

My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system and am using AVG antivirus in my system from quite a long time. Well, I have done a recent upgradation of this antivirus and a facing a weird problem since then. The situation is that I am getting alerts of AVG & Security Tool virus. I can see System.exe sucking resources, when I checked out the Task Manager. If anyone knows what is the issue being caused, then please reply as soon as possible.

Re: AVG & Security Tool virus - System.exe sucking resources

If you are getting alerts of AVG & Security Tool virus and if System.exe sucking resources, then you have done a wrong upgradation of the antivirus. You have actually, downloaded infections into your computer and this is why you are getting the particular alerts. Anyways, the only solution to eradicate this issue is to use Spyware Doctor. It will detect all the unwanted processes that are going on within the system and help you to get rid of the same.

You can use any well updated antivirus to remove the AVG & Security Tool virus. Inorder to resolve the situation that System.exe is sucking resources, you have to end all the unwanted processes that are going on within the system with the help of the Task Manager. The gadgets and graphical theme that are running in Windows 7 have to be stopped because they utilize a lot of system resources.

A boot scan is recommended inorder to remove infections like AVG & Security Tool virus because they are unknown infections that are not added in the database of the security tools. The boot scan is a scan that takes place before the operating system loads into the machine. At this time, all the infections remain inactive and thus, it is very simple to remove them from the system.

All the antivirus do not support the boot scan, that is mentioned in the above post by Shen. There is no need to worry. You can use the same if you are having Avast antivirus or Quick Heal antivirus. If you do not have them, then you will have to start the system in the safe mode. It is to be noted that no malicious activities can be active in this mode. So, scanning in this mode is the same as using the boot scan method.

I downloaded this antivirus called Quick Heal and did a boot scan with the help of the same. To my surprise, on restarting the computer, the AVG & Security Tool virus was removed from the system. I suppose that System.exe was also an infection because I could not see it utilizing my system resources after the boot scan. So, both the issues are resolved now.