Thread: Unable to Join the Network with WPA-PSK

Unable to Join the Network with WPA-PSK

I can not connect to my WiFi at home.!! I am just having some basic knowledge about it, so not able to correct this problem.!! Secure mode WPA with a shared key (PSK). Whenever I am trying to connect, I am getting an error message "Unable to join the network (error -3)". If I connect to a neighbor then also WPA-PSK does not work either. I manage to connect if security is disabled or WEP. Is this a known issue with version 2.0 of the iPhone 3G? I found several people who have the same problem as me on the apple forums but unfortunately no solution except to lower the level of security. So I am expecting some kind help from your side.

Re: Unable to Join the Network with WPA-PSK

For this problem there are two options. The first, and most probable, is that the iPod Touch is still trying to bond via WEP and getting bonked. What you need to do to analysis this is go to your network in the list, and tap the little blue button that points to the right. In there, you can perceive the settings for the network (DNS, etc etc). Hit the 'forget this network' option at the pinnacle, confirm, and then try and reconnect to your network. Provide the password, and all should be well.

The second option is that whichever router you're using has a peculiar accomplishment of WPA. While implausibly, because it's meant to be a standard, it can happen. The merely thing I can recommend to contradict that would be to look for a firmware upgrade. If it's any kind of AirPort base station, however, I suggest the first option.

I think that you should first know about the basics of the networking, so that you can do troubleshooting or R and D in it. Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA and WPA2) is a method for protected networks like wireless Wi-Fi . It was created in reaction to numerous solemn weaknesses researchers had found in the previous system, WEP. WPA implements the preponderance of the standard IEEE 802.11i and was proposed as an intervening explanation to replace WEP while 802.11i was ended. WPA2 for its complete meets the standard, but cannot be executed on older resources. Both instruments supply adequate security, if it meets two important points.
    • The user must still frequently make the unequivocal choice to enable WPA or WPA2 as an alternative of WEP, since WEP is usually the default choice of encryption on most equipment;
    • Personal mode when is used, a passphrase longer than conventional passwords, the characters used by users is compulsory to ensure inclusive security.

I am having some problem similar to this, so thought that posting here would be helpful.!! (hope that I am posting in right way). Well the problem I have is this, I never could connect the Wii to the internet, after touring the site the only useful information I gathered is that the problem lies in the ports, they tell me my modem should have the ports for Console connection for closed or blocked. My modem is Huawei EchoLife HG520s, do not even like going to my modem, let alone if I go to do there. The console if the connection is the thing is that when you introduce the key and I connection test fails. I do not know if the right way to solve the problem but hope someone give me a hand for I realized that with the sole intention and my head shall not have to solve the little problem ever.

According to me, you should try the following steps to sort out this problem :
    Try adjusting the "Channel" in which your wireless router broadcasts the signal.
    1. I recommend that you try to adjust your router to channel 1 or 11. This may increase the download speed. For information on how to enter the page of your router's settings, click to select the make and model of your router.
    2. What kind of security you have in your router, WEP or WPA?
    3. Try a "Manual Setup" with the Wii console (how to), using the IP configuration settings of your network.

If your connection worked before, try rebooting your router and modem to disconnect the plug from the wall. Wait for a couple of minutes, and re-plug the modem. Wait a few minutes to start the modem, and then turn on the router. Try to connect the Wii console and proof that it works well. Some routers will lose the connection to the Wii console while the console is in Standby mode (Standby) or if it shuts down for some time. You will have to check the website of your router manufacturer to see if there are new firmware updates, as there may be an update to help prevent this from happening in the future.

I have the wifi with WPA at home. I managed to connect with the i-Phone. Under Settings -> Wi-Fi Enabled, I have my network that appears. I click on the network and it asks me the password. Hope that will help you to connect your i-phone. Try the following things :
    1. Enter the settings on your router using the default IP address (consult the manual for your router)
    2. If you are using 64-bit encryption, the WEP key has to be a 10-character key consisting of numbers and letters A through F.
    3. If you're using 128-bit WEP key has to be a 26-character key consisting of numbers and letters A through F.
    4. The WEP key must be hexadecimal (0-9, AF, no other characters or special characters).
    5. If your router has multiple spaces for a WEP key, make sure the key is in space # 1.
    6. If you are using WPA, the Wii console is compatible with the following types:
      • WPA - PSK (TKIP)
      • WPA - PSK (AES)
      • WPA2 - PSK (AES)

Usually the modem is placed in the following IP 192.168.1.1 to verify it in Windows XP you should go to Start / control panel / network connections / local area connection, you click the right button and give it properties, you'll to where it says internet protocol tcp / ip and pushing the button properties, where said gateway, that is the ip of your modem, then put it in the address bar of your browser and enter the modem configuration, alerts for more.

In order to detach a team with its corresponding access point with WPA network traffic can be injected to cause a denial of service (DoS) in the AP and thus get detach the other connected equipment. TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity Protocol) is used in Wi-Fi networks, WPA-PSK. It aims to improve the cipher key of the network. In principle, was designed to replace WEP encryption system without upgrading the hardware. Was only necessary to update the firmware. WPA2 enhances WPA security features. It is therefore advisable to use the WPA2 encryption to protect Wi-Fi networks. Before you begin, you must configure the network card Wi-Fi in "Monitor".

I have tried everlything and my iPhone will not recognize any wifi password

First make sure that you are entering the correct password. Otherwise, try to disable the security authentication so that you can connect without entering the passwords. Maybe by doing this, your iPhone will recognize the wifi and it will get connected automatically.