Thread: New 6200 AGN not recognized

New 6200 AGN not recognized

In my laptop I facing certain issue with my wireless network on my Dell Studio. I carried my laptop recently to a nearby mall where I had enabled it for mails. But a message appeared saying that 6200 AGN is not recognized. After some reboot the wifi worked by very slowly. I want to re-install everything back again from start. This has never happened before. What is the best way to fix the same.

Re: New 6200 AGN not recognized

It can be due to drive issue. I happens sometime when due to some application the driver files are deleted. In Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista a connection management utility is already installed and no additional software need be added. You use the Windows utility, but you can also use another utility. I am providing you the download link for the driver. Download it and run the setup.
    Wifi 6200 AGN Drivers

To work with the Zero Configuration it is first necessary that the wireless is enabled at startup. So we will check this setting, or change it if necessary. Go to the Start menu, then Run. Then in the box type command services.msc and hit enter. You will get a window of all local services. In this list, you will need to search for the corresponding service Wireless Zero Configuration. Once this line has been located, you can right-click Properties.

I can assume that you have done with setup for your wifi and you are not able to get the connection. For that you must first define a access point via your router. The SSID is the default name of your wifi network. It is visible and you can make it hidden by settings. Now to you will need to wep key for your network access. It is the encryption policy where all are not allowed to just enter your system. You can configure your access by WEP or WPA keys from the access point.

Right click on My Computer and then choose properties and then click on Hardware tab. Now from here choose the Device Manager button and scroll down to the list of network adapters. All network cards must be shown here including the WiFi adapter. Verify that your wireless adapter is present. Otherwise, use the wizard to add new hardware option from Control Panel. Most newer computers have a home Ethernet network card, do not confuse this with your wireless adapter.

If you can see a yellow exclamation mark on the wifi adapter before the name of the network card then double-click on it to get more information. Most of the common errors are the hardware drivers are improperly installed or damaged. In this case, please visit the website of the manufacturer of your WiFi adapter to download the drivers of it. If you face the device can not start error then you need to check for hardware fault.

Open your utility connection select necessary if the automatic search network and you will probably find one or several access points available. Select your access point and look on the modem if the default name appears therein. If your access point does not appear in the list then it can be either too far from the computer or WiFi is disabled on the access point. Or the last thing is there is a hardware failure.