Thread: Intel 82559ER network adapter driver on win7 64bit OS

Intel 82559ER network adapter driver on win7 64bit OS

I have 2 desktop system with similar motherboard. On one I am using Windows XP and on the other I am using Windows 7. Now everything is installed only in Windows 7 I am not able to get drivers for Intel 82559ER Network adapter. I need help in installing this. Does this will work on Windows 7. Secondly I want to setup wifi and remote desktop support also. I need help for the same.

Re: Intel 82559ER network adaptor driver on win7 64bit OS

I don't think that this network adapter will work on Windows 7. There are very rare chances. I have a similar motherboard with Intel 82559ER network adapter. I am running the system on Windows XP for many years. I am providing you a link for the drivers for this adapter. You can try installing them in your system. It is possible that sometime drivers works on compatibility mode.
    Windows XP Intel 82559ER Driver

I have exactly the same problem with my assembled desktop system. When I try connect to my livebox the signal strength is excellent, but on the same there is support for speakers. It marks failure to wlan connection and sometimes pops out failed connection to wlan and lan error message. I do not understand why this does not work with the livebox. This is happening after installing Windows 7.

In fact the first thing you must try out is to search for windows update. This program will help you to find necessary driver updates. Once you have found all the updates then you must install them and then reboot your system. Now WLAN will operate normally but not the LAN connection and it is normal because the computer is not connected directly to the livebox.

It can be due to the hardware issue. First click on start and then click on network connection. Here you must first remove all the connections. Then run cmd and type nestch ip reset and hit enter. Reboot your system and then reconnect your system to lan. Basically I am not sure that this adapter which will work on Windows 7. At least you can give a try for the same.

It must first check if the host PC to the Wake-up on LAN is either enabled or not. Then, access the BIOS of your computer to activate the Wake-up on LAN. Once done, leave it by saving the changes. Each NIC in each PC gets a physical address to the machine clean. This address is immutable and imposed by the manufacturer of the NIC.

Re: Intel 82559ER network adapter driver on win7 64bit OS

To get optimal performance, it is useful to verify that the network computers do belong in the same work group. In the Identification of your network window appears the name of the computer and the work group to which it belongs. You can see that by right clicking on My Computer. To change the work group, and do the same for all computers, just click on Network ID.