Thread: Is there any need to install LAN driver of MFSYS25 for SUSE 11?

Is there any need to install LAN driver of MFSYS25 for SUSE 11?

I new to this field of MFSYS25 server and also new to Linux operating system, I need help from you people. The problem I am facing is that when I am completing the installation of SUES, I have configured the IP address for this. But when I am trying to ping to the other computer system I cannot ping. Is there any solution for this configuration or is there any need to install LAN driver of MFSYS25 for SUSE 11?

Re: Is there any need to install LAN driver of MFSYS25 for SUSE 11?

I am also having the same problem but in addition I am having problem in configuring the driver. It display that with 2.6 kernels you have to check the igb drivers, it should be removed from the kernel, previous of loading the module. Hence I am trying to run rm /lib/modules/<KERNEL VERSION>/kernel/drivers/net/igb/igb.ko. But that does not solve the problem.

I installed the distribution suse pro 9.2, and at the end of the installation, yast suggested to do the updates and I have done the same as I am interested in nvidia drivers, they just do not seem to install because the screens of vigils open gl have trouble turning and I have no nvidia logo startup. I start directly; I do not pass through the shell. How to activate the nvidia driver download for updating?

In your file in etc/X11 XF86config/Xorg.conf in Section "Device" is that the line driver contains a good nvidia instead of nv? Also verifies that the line Load "glx" exists in the "Module". Check you must have this configuration. Section "Module", Load "dbe", Load "type1", Load "freetype" , Load "extmod", Load "glx", Load "v4l". Section "Device", BoardName "GeForce FX 5700", Driver "nvidia", Identify "Device [0]", Screen 0, Option "Rotate" "off", VendorName "NVidia".

I have a computer with Suse 10, connected to the adsl, modem by usb. So far, so good, but I'd like to share my connection and thereby create a network with a computer on windows xp, I searched a lot on the net, but I did not understand much about! So I would like to know how to create my network, possibly with the GUI or otherwise, in the command line (but more simple in this case, please!) while a few meters illuminating, thank you in advance!

Configure your two machines so that they are on the same network (eg 192.168.0.1 with a mask of 255.255.255.0) then enable IP forwarding, echo 1> / proc/sys/net/ipv5/ip_forward. Set up masquerading, as described on this site: Copy the DNS configuration of your gateway machine on your LAN. I hope this will help you to resolve the problem.

I left with my router, because it caused me some trouble. So, I tried with iptables, and I have not been able to share my connection! I have seen several sites that could use the firewall firestarter, so I installed, configured, and when you activate, it tells me: "Unknown error. Verify your network device and make sure your internet connection is activated”