Thread: Automatic Login for PPPoE Internet Connection.

star Automatic Login for PPPoE Internet Connection.

HI,

I use Broadband internet and dont have any modem or router at my place. Just get the ethernet(RJ45) cable from my internet provider and they have created a pppoe connection on my windows 7 system and whenever i have to connect to internet i have to open the the connection wizard(which just looks like a dialup connection) and all i want is most of the time due to power outage or any other reason if my system reboots then it will reach the desktop but the internet connectin is not active.
    Now what i want is whenevr the system reboots it should automatically connect to the internet without me clicking on "CONNECT"
    I have tried putting the shortcut on the startup but it would just open the connection box and wont connect to internet untill someone clicks on "CONNECT"
    Most of the time i am not at my system and if my system reboots then my downloads stops(utorrent/bittorrent).
    Also i DONT want to use a ROUTER.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Automatic Login for PPPoE Internet Connection.

Perhaps, you should be looking for solution on how to avoid computer rebooting rather than creating automatic Login for PPPoE Internet Connection either by via some script or batch file. You should buy a cheap UPS and try to avoid the restarts because too many computer restarts could damage your computer hardware. Either way try to turn off "Prompt for name and password..." in the connection properties, and put a shortcut to the pppoe connection in user startup folder.

That was just an example of system reboot, so you must be aware that the net gets disconnected due to many issues and i got scheduler which reboots the comp automatically when i am not at the system. i want to do the same thing but if i do that then the net would get disconnected and thats what i dont want.

Not sure what are batch file and would appreciate if someone could help me to create one.

I had did a small setting in my system which had help me lot in the automatic login. For that click on Control panel and then click on internet option. In that you open connection and then check out the the PPPoE is highlighted. Then choose it as your default connection and give ok. Now you can make a simple shortcut of on your desktop.

I already know that... Have already created a shortcut on the desktop. Have also put the PPPoE dialer on startup but the issue is it wont automatically connect until you click on "CONNECT". Now i dont want to click on connect and it should get connected to internet without me clicking on connect.
    Also i dont use IE and use Chrome.

I think that you should have to contact the service provider of your which might resolve the issue regarding the problem you are getting. Just contact the ISP and tell then exactly what is your problem and they will send you the technician who will resolve your issue. I hope that you will like it and work with the same.