Thread: Vista Virus?

Vista Virus?

Ok so i have a Toshiba Satellite L355, it has windows vista, when it boots up its works just perfectly but when i get to my background i get 4/5 pop-ups saying that the installers have stopped working. But also it won't let me on the internet, and when I go into the Windows Defender a blue screen comes up, and states its dumping my physical memory. I have a copy of Bit-Defender 2010, but it wont let me finish installing it because of either I still have Norton, or i can not access the internet. But it let me do a full scan of my computer and it said i have a virus/Troujin on it.

Gen.Trojan.Heur.Gy0@c5A7B6akx

I do have a copy of windows seven but i don't want to format it until i can properly save everything onto a TB. drive. Please help

Re: Vista Virus?

First of all when you boot up then don't do anything. Press the Esc key two three time. Now press Ctrl + Alt + Del and let task manager comes up. Go in the process and look for the process which looks like some unknown application. Right click and end process. Second thing boot the better way is boot in safe mode by pressing F8 on startup. Install a antivirus there and run a full scan. This is a serious virus.

when i go into the task manager and look for the unknown application. I don't see anything that isn't supposed to be there. Now for the my Bit-Defender i cant install it because i can't get on the internet, and i need to verify it.

I will recommend you to use Norton Internet Security. It is one of the best antivirus which I had found. Norton range remains very popular with the general public. As usual, it comes in two products Norton AntiVirus , which essentially protects users against viruses and worms, and Norton Internet Security, which adds to the functionality of antivirus firewall, antispam and parental control. Install a demo and try the same