Thread: uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit

uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit

A very weird problem has struck my system. uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit. The problematic part is that the explorer.exe is a 32-bit one. The new explorer.exe is launched when I use the option of Open Containing Folder. So, when I open the Task Manager, I have 2 explorer.exe. One is named explorer.exe and the other is named explorer.exe *32. Thus, 2 explorer.exe's are also causing some problems with the applications that I am running. All possible replies and suggestions on this situation are very much appreciated.

Re: uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit

According to me, uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit because the application is infected with some trojan or any other infection. The explorer.exe *32 is started because of this reason. Anyways, you will have to run an antivirus that is assured to remove all the traces of this infection from the system. This is because the infection might have spread vastly in your system, as you may have used the "open containing folder" at lot of times.

Re: uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit

My suggestion to you is to install AVG antivirus if uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit. The reason is that this antivirus is recommended by most of the experts for the removal of any kind of infections like trojans, worms and other virus. So, after you install this antivirus, you will have to run a complete system scan. All the unhealed infections that are detected must be removed from the antivirus interface itself.

Book scan is the best technique to remove any infection. This is a scan that takes place before the operating system is loaded into the machine. All the infections remain inactive at this time because of which it is very simple to detect end get rid of the infections that are there in the system. As all the antivirus do not have this feature of boot scan, you will have to install Quick Heal, as it contains the particular feature.

It seems that you are using a 32-bit uTorrent application in a 64-bit Windows Vista operating system. Because of this uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe. This is only one fix for this issue. You will have to download a 64-bit uTorrent application.

There are conflicts in your system with this application and hence, this issue is encountered. Anyways, your problem will be solved with the help of this technique.

I have found out that uTorrent is starting duplicate instance of explorer.exe on Windows Vista 64-bit because I was using a 32-bit application for a 64-bit operating system, as mentioned in one of the above posts. Well, I have downloaded a new torrent application that is working fine with my system. So, I am no longer facing this issue. Thank you for helping me with this situation.