Thread: Port Checker says the port is open, but utorrent still has yellow icon

Port Checker says the port is open, but utorrent still has yellow icon

The port looks very fine , µTorrent states that "no incoming connections"... I am currently working with µTorrent 1.6.1 and Windows XP Professional. The issue is that the icon on the bottom wouldn't go for green. I have already configured the port in my router and the µTorrent Port Checker also clearly states , the port performs well(am I supposed to write the port down here?)
    I have tried this with so many random ports, opened everything in my router, and every time the port checker claims, they work well. I also tried, whether it might work by de/activating UPnP or encryption but nothing going to be happened. So, why does µTorrent not getting my port, when the port checker states that it is open? By the way, the log states the following:

ERROR 403 mapping port *** -> ***:***
    Last edited by Sarasi; 23-06-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Re: Port Checker says the port is open, but utorrent still has yellow icon

Fine , I am running with the direct connection between the modem and my computer system , so there should be no requirement of the port forwarding ? please make me sure if I am going wrong here .... yet why is the small icon on the bottom still shows as yellow and why is my port not getting open, how would I open the port on my machine so that uTorrent will link straight with this , I am getting several issues working with my router, it slows everything down......

please do something ..

Mostly, you are running with more than one connections. It would help if you provide us some more information regarding the same , my mind meld is on the fritz. Your software firewall, router, operating system, AV, ISP.

The yellow light suggests that you don't have any current incoming connections. If this never switched into green then it suggest that your port is not forwarded. The better method for you to check out with the µTorrent port checker. If the port checker states that your port is open, then everything would then be fine after .

If you are running with the installation of the anti virus then you need to be sure about something means there is something in going on with your installed antivirus and you have to make that off quickly and see if speeds pick up, You required to find a method to punch open a port. Have you switched off that hunk of junk Windows firewall ? Is Home SP2 available and patched with the tcpip.sys patch ?

Make sure to check to see if the port is forwarded through the button in the uTorrent (if it finished , when you are sure that the port is forwarded/unblocked properly). I got an occasional problem where it suggests that the port is not forwarded, yet when I check the port it automatically opens and it diverted into a green tick.

It sometimes diverted into yellow when peers connect and disconnect and there are not any remote connections. I am taking headache about this unless the download run into the crap speed. It commonly rights itself.