Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't get the Port Checker function to work

Networking & Security

Old 23-06-2010

Can't get the Port Checker function to work

I decided to perform the reinstallation of Utorrent .Actually, I am using 1.6.1, and I backed up the Utorrent directory and the Downloads directory for safe measures. When I performed the installation of utorrent then after I need to see if the port is forwarded or its not doing nothing when I made a click on the tab . I never had such type of issue before ? Now I need your help to solve this ...

Cheers

Old 23-06-2010

Re: Can't get the Port Checker function to work

As you stated that you are currently using 1.6. 1.7 . I wanted to give you some suggesiton that you shoul not go for it.Because, it has been the stable for 6 months or more.If you are having another problem and the question regarding this then you need to ask about the same after you upgrade (official spport staff would not be helpful for you until you do it yourself ).
Old 23-06-2010

There are so many residential ISP's block ports to combat viruses and spam. The most commonly blocked ports are port 80 and port 25. Port 80 specified as the default port for http traffic with the blocked port 80 you will require to execte your web server on a non-standard port in combination with a port 80/web redirect from other sites .

Port 25 is the default port for trnsferring and receving mails. ISPs block this port to decrease the amount of spam produced by worms on infected computers within their network. If you require to send legitimate email and your ISP blocks port 25.
Old 23-06-2010

You may be running with the triple-firewalled and you only discarded two of the roadblocks (the router and Comodo firewall). One more thing that the Comodo firewall has to allow both the uTorrent's incoming port from the router (on different TCP and UDP if you need DHT compatibility)...and also allow outgoing ephemeral ports (~1000 to ~5000) for uTorrent to work at the absolute minimum.

Does your modem also contains a mini-router and/or firewall within this which requires to be configured or disabled?

The Greatest Sig Ever
Old 26-06-2010

You may be running with the triple-fire walled and you only have destroyed 2 of the roadblocks (the router and Comodo firewall).

One thing should be remember that the Comodo firewall has to allow both the uTorrent's incoming port from the router (on TCP and UDP if you need DHT compatibility) and also facilitates with the outgoing ephemeral ports (~1000 to ~5000) for uTorrent to work with the actual minimum. Does your modem also running upon the mini-router and/or firewall in it that requires to be configured or disabled?

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , , ,