Thread: utorrent indications for upload / download

utorrent indications for upload / download

Hello,
    I have a small problems with ports is very embarrassing, before going on vacation. I opened a port to no longer have the yellow triangle in utorrent and walk without a problem. But back to my vacation I open utorrent and a red dot appears, so I will check if ports are open, and they are good but the red dot does not disappear, so I decided to simply remove the port and open another, no results. I shot a red dot, a yellow triangle stroke (10-20kb) I read several topics on how to configure utorrent and open the ports but I found the solution yet. Any help is appreciated.

Re: utorrent indications for upload / download

Can you provide technical info is the most important thing with your order: ISP, modem type / box, firewall, etc. If you choose a port for utorrent (like a port> 30000 in practice), you have the forwarder in the manager of your modem (create 2 rules TCP and UDP). Of course, you should also uncheck "random port each time you start" in the Preferences uT. Then verify that your firewall includes a rule for missed connections in and out of uT.

Do not forget to disable the port by random selection each time the uTorrent software. In fact, if you imposed a port in your router uT and uT decides to another port, it works not. A second trick is to clearly specify the local address of your PC in the opening of the port. The box should be your http://192.168.1.1/ and that of your PC http://192.168.1.10. Look into the details of your Wi-Fi or ethernet (taskbar and status and details). It can change if you're more connected to the box. A good test is to temporarily disable the firewall (FW) of your OS (like that of Windows if it does) and also your additional FW (genus Norton, BitDefender, McAfee, ZA etc.) Then you wait 5-10 minutes by restarting your torrent to see if it turns green. If so, is that the FW is not configured to use uT. Suffice it to create a rule your FW in this case.

I have disable random port for uTorrent to each launch software.Justement I had a doubt for the local address of the PC because before I put the one that was specified by default but that made the pc I want to configure and that in wifi so I must put the IP address of the computer-Fi or leave one that is specified by default? To update the firmware I have no idea. And I have no FW that I have additional avast I'll try to disable to see.

Yes you should always put the local IP of the machine connected to your home network. And this IP is likely to change if multiple PCs are connected. Same thing if you plug your PC into wireless then you disconnect the plug later with an Ethernet cable, the IP has changed gender .10 to .12. So to know the local IP, you go into your connection properties (in Win: taskbar). This is the local IP that must be filled for the rule of port forwarding in your modem / router. Normally it does not change qd you turn off / on your PC but it happens if you spend WiFi or ethernet if you plug your PC while another is already on the LAN. OK and for Avast, look if uT scored an automatic rule in the FW when it first launched. If the rule in Avast is not present or poorly written, do it manually allow connections in and out of uT.

I've read all that big port problem, I am new livebox mini. therefore all port are open top, and configured utorrent and nod32 too and despite that I still have the yellow triangle that sometimes goes round red and it takes the head, thank you in advance for your help.

Otherwise I advise you just a port forwarder on your LB, it's easier to filter the connections that will pass. You open a port on your box (TCP & UDP) and you uncheck random port in uT. Same forget to turn the local ip of your PC. For if it lasts 1min cons, you're sure it's not that reactive NOD32 (I know that Norton proposed varying delays deactivation so that the user forgets to reactivate, point is such that NOD) to restore the security of your PC?