Thread: DHT, Local Peer Discovery, and Peer Exchange..Not allowed?

DHT, Local Peer Discovery, and Peer Exchange..Not allowed?

My utorrent displaying that DHT, Local peer discovery, peer Exchange both are not allowed. so, would you tell me to allow them? With my different utorrent files I checked and see its occurring that DHT, Local peer discovery, peer Exchange both functioning and the download limit going up to maximum 230kbs for my broadband connection. So, why for this torrent suggesting that DHT, Local peer discovery, peer Exchange are not allowed and download limit extremely going with the minimum speed at 3 KB/PS and I am stuck at 58% that contains the size of the files is 3.50GB file, please help.

Re: DHT, Local Peer Discovery, and Peer Exchange..Not allowed?

Private torrents wouldn't allow the DHT, Local peer discovery or peer Exchange as far as I am aware about this . An previous torrent with some or no seeds and minimum speed peer/s will likely fail to completion downloading (Specially if availability is <1). If you will go for the public torrents, they may have the benefits of DHT, LPD, and Peer Exchange but several users downloaded a torrent and quit it without seeding closely as much as they got..

I am running with the similar problem here but this is going on with entire newly selected torrents not just ones from another new sites.. I can issue the putty for ssh command to further but it ignores to get connect and even allow seeding of previous torrents when I try for that but do you know the method to resolve that so I can be able to move around this &%$& comcast block? If s, then please suggest me something to manage this. I am not sure that what I am doing currently..

Hi Elila, One of the user on another having the same issue also and no one suggested him best one solution for this and you know before going for the solution , you need to check out entire thing around you to make sure about the errors... He probably wasn't working with the proxy. He may have been on ComCast, but options have changed for the goos for most with respect to if/how ComCast throttles/disrupts BitTorrent traffic. I am working on ComCast also and don't have much information regarding a BitTorrent blocked by them.

I work with the public networks.. One if I use this to download a torrent file it will suggest me minimum speeds for downloading the actual files (Less than 15 kb) on the different observation if I receive the torrent file from the different network it ignores to even download any of the actual files and I have to move back to the previous wifi hotspot just to find utorrent to even realize it can download.. I have checked another network IP limitations and it is using comcast for it's internet service. both of the networks are public libraries.

I have no idea what is the blocking ways of those access points are using, but they are mostly to blame for your issues rather than the ComCast.Working with a proxy for the tracker updates might be helpful in this case.Teredo/IPv6 should even work for a some of the incoming IPv6 connections on very busy torrents. The uTP should even be helpful for you .