Thread: Virus? Exploit? Bug?!!! Something Else (attacks?)!! Important!!! Help

Virus? Exploit? Bug?!!! Something Else (attacks?)!! Important!!! Help

My computer is running the Windows Vista operating system. I had done the resetting the firewall a couple of days. Ever since I have done the same, I am facing serious problem with any of the torrent download that I am trying to do. When I try to start the download, all the peers get simply blocked. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Is this some kind of VIRUS, EXPLOIT, BUG or SOMETHING ELSE that is related to ATTACKS. I am using uTorrent as my Torrent application.

Has anyone experienced this same problem? If yes, then please share the same. Also, specify the solutions that can used to get rid of this situation.

Re: Virus? Exploit? Bug?!!! Something Else (attacks?)!! Important!!! Help

If you think that this a virus attack, then there is a need to run a complete system scan. Use a well updated antivirus for this purpose. My suggestion to you is to use AVG antivirus, as it has been recommended by most of the experts for the removal of trojans, virus as well as worms. After you run the system scan, get rid of all the unhealed infections that are detected during this scan.

According to me, the firewall that has been installed in your system is causing the particular problem with the torrent downloads. I suggest you to disable the firewall and then, try to go about with the downloads. If it is helping you to do the downloads, then you will have to stop the firewall always before the download is started. Just let me know if the issue is solved or not.

There is no need to keep the firewall always disabled during the downloads. If the firewall is the problem, then this means that the rules are not set properly. After you set the proper rules for the firewall, related to how you want the downloads and the how the incoming packets should be, you will not face any problems as you are doing now. I hope that your issue will be solved with the help of this technique.

I suppose that any of the above methods must help you to get rid of this situation that you are facing. I want to give you a suggestion about the antivirus that you must use for scanning the system. The best antivirus is Avast because it has the feature of boot scan, that takes place before the operating system loads. All the infections remain inactive at this time. Hence, the antivirus finds it very easy to eradicate the infections.