Thread: How to configure 3G Wireless WAN on Lenovo X61

How to configure 3G Wireless WAN on Lenovo X61

Am sorry if am making this query in wrong section. Actually am need of little WAN settings on my Lenovo X61. I bought it from one of my friend and wanted to configure 3G Wireless WAN Setting. After working out i found that it can done from the Sim Card Slot that is on the backside of the laptop, but still dint got any info about configuring it. Could you guys please help me out for the same ?

Re: How to configure 3G Wireless WAN on Lenovo X61

In order to configuration 3G Wireless WAN you require a WWAN card as well, if at all possible, one on the X61 BIOS 'whitelist', and the antenna. In case you have configured your X61 through the WWAN card, in that case there is already a SIM card organized to be activated, and the supplier connection manager will have been installed in favor of you in the factory. There is usually a commencement nag which comes into view after every couple of reboots.

The SIM card is beneath the matching coat as the memory cards. If you have not configured the WWAN yet, you can insert it later, but that will be problematic. You just don’t need a WWAN card but also require installing the antenna around the display. It is little difficult but not impossible.

If you make use of a WWAN card that is not resting on BIOS whitelist, you want hacked BIOS. I’ll suggest you to get the WWAN setup configured at the time you buy this laptop, no matter you think you may require it in the upcoming time. It won’t be so easy to add afterward.

One of my friend that is an engineer had recommended that I just need to put the simcard in. But that provided evidence to be imprecise. I trust that you require a WWAN mini-PCI card as well. I would like to be acquainted with more information if you find out anything on this front.