Thread: Belkin f5d8635-4 Router connection problem

Belkin f5d8635-4 Router connection problem

I have been facing connection problems with my Belkin f5d8635-4 router. I configured it last month and everything was working fine until last few days. All of a sudden my Sony Vaio laptop lost connection during internet surfing. I tried to reboot the laptop as well as the router but it seem to have the same problem. This keeps happening whatever I try to fix it. Is there anyone who is aware of this problem and can help me?

Re: Belkin f5d8635-4 Router connection problem

There could be a number of reasons for no internet connection or having some problems in it. First reason could be that you are at the edge of the router's coverage. Or someone may have hijack your connection and is utilizing your bandwidth a lot. Have you enabled security on your router to prevent this from happening?

Its because your broadcasting channel is not appropriate for your needs. Change it and see if this works. Connect your router directly to the computer and access the router's page using web utility. Select channel and SSID, if asked for password then do enter it if you have set or else leave it blank. You will find a page where you are given a lot of options to choose from to change the channel. Select the one that is appropriate to you using trial and error method and save the changes.

I had used Belkin router once and was also having the similar problems. I tried a lot of things which I found over the internet. It solved once but the same thing reappears everytime you change the location of any of the devices. I, eventually, after a lot of troubles purchased a new different router, Linksys, and finally I am happy with it. Never had such kind of problems anymore.

Did you download and/or installed anything on your laptop? Did you attempted to change any settings of your router recently? When exactly the problem occurred? Did you contacted the Belkin support team regarding this? I think you should first contact them on the phone and consult about the problem with the router.