Thread: How to virtualize cpanel server on VMWare vSphere 4

How to virtualize cpanel server on VMWare vSphere 4

I am working a VMWare vSphere server and would similar to import my substantial cPanel server, as it is a bit of a previous cranky box. Whenever, I try to do it I having tribulations by means of the import facility not inadequate to work on the cPanel server, it complains that there is a Firewall problem. I encompass put out of action the firewall at the same time as I attempt this procedure.

Re: How to virtualize cpanel server on VMWare vSphere 4

Primarily I was trying to import the Centos cPanel server into my vCentre server using the built-in windows based tool (I imagine it’s the similar program). I am thinking that it is merely superior for Windows apparatus though. So, at present I encompass at present shifted on to installing the Linux version or description of the P2V converter-tool on my cPanel server and am trying to push/export the server onto the vCentre. Regrettably, the GUI based P2V converter desire to launch xWindows but that has been exposed out of cPanel. Consequently I encompass in conclusion gone for the CLI converter-tool, but I cannot get it to run. It desire an XML file input to describe the job and I am failing to get that to run. I am thinking of installing xWindows to do the conversion and then uninstalling it subsequently.

I did that, I installed X, gnome, immediately to create certain that the converter do not let you convert the local apparatus. The menu determines to let you convert several additional apparatus, but not the local, the alternative is presently put out of action. Even if you are root. So this is not the substitute. I read an additional I imagine the accurate technique is to install in a virtual server, install cpanel and create a WHM backup and restore the backup on the innovative virtual server.

The mordormx - Did that finish up running out for you. I am in the similar circumstances and would hate to redo the entire of my customizations on the box that it is presently on. If not, it sounds similar to the merely method to get it running appropriately is to go with the route of: creating an innovative virtual apparatus in vsphere. Installing cpanel vps (trial) do a backup of whm and reinstate it to the trial server.

If you are creating an innovative virtual apparatus in vsphere. Installing cpanel vps (trial) do a backup of whm and reinstate it to the trial server. This sounds similar to a realistic explanation, and in theory you be supposed to be capable to tell if it's the entire running appropriately previous to switching in excess of to the vcPanel apparatus. Determine to the trial version or descriptions permit you to restore an appropriate version in excess of the top of it. I guess it's a superior method to test out those backups too.

That is accurately what they ended up doing. The trial permits you to do everything a customary cpanel server would permit you to do. They configured the box presently as we would a customary server, and made certain to mimic our existing surroundings. Once they get everything configured they then did a whm restore and approximately the entire of the accounts came in excess of appropriately. They did run into problem by means of apache/mysql. Once they get the entire of the accounts restored and configured, you then ran an rsync on our innovative VPS box to our old box to pick-up several changes. From that point forward then you switched the boxes IP address and began troubleshooting issues as you changed sites IP addresses back to their innovative arrangement(s).

The crikey, it's not moderately my idea of P2V but if that's the entire there is to run by means of its seems that you have got it moderately well documented. I might give it a go; it cannot be several additional hassles than my cranky previous server losing an additional drive I am wondering if it is probable to set up CPanel at the back a NAT where it has a confidential IP. I necessitate doing this for the reason that the CPanel server would be working in a VMWare virtual apparatus that cannot get a public IP address.