Thread: Configuring DSL Wireless Router

Configuring DSL Wireless Router

Can anybody help to configure DSL wireless Router D-Link DI-614? The problem lies in the fact that I have not found a way to connect my router to my ADSL modem speed touch Thomson brand knowing that the modem 330 has two outputs one USB and one RJ45 but unfortunately the router has only R45 outputs.

Re: Configuring DSL Wireless Router

Your modem should have five RJ45, or four RJ45 outputs and one input. You have to connect to this input SoRIE RJ45 modem cable law.
    Make sure you do not confuse making RJ45 and RJ11. In this case you should have only the USB connection available. And apparently your router has no USB input. This can be handy for connecting a printer, etc. and in your case a modem. But there are USB adapter’s RJ45.

The other output of the USB modem cannot be connected to the outlet of the internet is RJ45. There must have taken a little more on the modem, which connects to the RJ11 phone. And the exit USB is used only in case it is unnecessary to equipped network behind without an Ethernet card. Well if you need any further information then you can search the information on net.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I also try to connect with RJ 45 it tells me I am not configuring the connection in the correct manner. Please give me the information related modem with a single entrance and exit RJ11 USB and I want to connect the modem to a router link. I connect the router and the pc avc oci parcek modem is required to be connected to pc, I get a WiFi signal on the third play it makes me login and failure on the pc.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you start like that then it will not go very far. How many computers around, in what systems, what cards networks? With more information I can provide you the better information.

I am having the D-Link:
    DSL-300 ADSL modem then to router DI-624 802.11g Wireless then to Wireless PCI card DWL-G520 wireless PCMCIA card and DWL-G650
    All clients are on Windows XP.

A changing IP is just a way to fool the server or another but not dedicate the server because the address that your provider gives you what is changing or not it corresponds to your country and your provider and it can forward the information to the person uses IP as time has such an hour. This is not to be above the law but to prevent certain to use your IP as a "notice" to your activity. Once you plug a wifi and connect it to the neighbor it will have its IP.

I have exactly the same configuration except the modem is a Thomson SpeedTouch 510 and I have no PCI. I manage to have 108Mbps LAN but if I connect from laptop to a shared drive on my server PC, the transfer is so slow that AC would be faster with a 9600bps modem. So if I am always satisfied with 54Mbps, it working fine without any kind of problem.