Thread: How to use nginx for accelerating Apache

How to use nginx for accelerating Apache

I work with Nginx & Apache and it's enormously fantastic . The nginx is enormous - but my query is - nginx serves up static content, but how does that phase by means of Apache re-write rules. Do they tranquil work. I utilize merely nginx+php-fpm on my server, but for my reseller server, I cannot actually do that (cpanel). But I would not locate doing the hybrid. But do htaccess files, particularly mod-rewrite rules work.

Re: How to use nginx for accelerating Apache

In that case, you be supposed to utilize nginx similar to I do, as a reverse substitute. The Nginx serves static content and the rest it passes to apache in the background. It's perfect, speedy, a expensive gem Yep, that's what I believe I determine to do. But it tranquil functions for rewrites. What regarding image paths which are re-written (ie, if nginx does not locate it, does it immediately throw it to apache to finish up, or discards the request).

I was wondering, if they did include nginx hold up or maintain, would you desire to utilize nginx as a drop-in replacement for Apache or in conjunction with Apache. I am familiar with a number of folks similar to utilize Apache for stuff similar to CGI/PHP and utilize a quicker server (e.g. nginx) to serve static content, but there was a mention of PHP-FPM which seems to basically using nginx in place of Apache.

Would incredible for selecting your favored web server comparable to the Name server selection screen where you are able to choose BIND vs. NSD be satisfactory. Or is a dual nginx/Apache setup something you necessitate. Perhaps 3 alternatives: Defaulting Apache, Duo Server using Apache/mod_php, by means of nginx for serving static content, Nginx Solo by means of dynamic content hold up or maintain via php-fpm (which is supposed to be added).

Accurately that, nginx authorize that alternative, if it does not locate the image, he pass the application to the backend to apache, and I am optimistically going to that tonight. Immediately getting my server setup by means of the basics right at present. So, it's not facilitated by defaulting, what alternative is it. An additional + for nginx in front of apache. We are presently using it on some extremely busy servers, its dropped load particularly. Static content makes up for 50% of our requests, so we encompass nginx serving the static content. They saw apache processes drop to 30%, and load standard drop to 20% of what it was initially when launching nginx.

You have to immediately installed nginx to present a number of assist to apache. Everything runs extremely well. At present I am writing cPanel addon to permit solitary users to physically edit the directory of extensions served by nginx. I previously encompass Nginx installed and serving on port 80. But if I generate an innovative domain. The domain entry requirements to be twisted in nginx vhost files This be supposed to in addition occur for subdomains and addon domains.

Is there a method to do so. Be able to anybody give pleasure to direct me as to how I be able to facilitate mechanical entry of the innovative domains, in the nginx conf files, so that the static files are served by Nginx. You be supposed to utilize cpanel HOOKS, there is additional thread here (I do not keep in mind where), that talks regarding that and gives the entire the details regarding HOOKS. You be able to in addition observe HOOKS on the cpanel wiki.