Thread: I want to create account without ftp access

I want to create account without ftp access

I am setting up a sequence of accounts from side to side whm, which determine to necessitate to have cpanel have right of entry (no file administrator - simple sufficient to put out of action), and no ftp right of entry (they are working our own content manager on the server for these users). They are using pure-ftpd as the ftp server. How does one put out of action ftp right of entry without deleting the account, or disabling to have right of entry to Cpanel.

Re: I want to create account without ftp access

It looks similar to pure-ftp works using pure-auth, using a script called unadulterated auth. I looked at the script - and it seems to position to a file a called /etc/ftpusers as being a place where you be able to add usernames that would not be permitted to login. On the other hand, even subsequent to creating this file, adding the user name to that file, and restarting the ftp server, this is not being obeyed anybody.

Subsequent to emailing by means of hold up or maintain, the inability to put out of action ftp to have right of entry to accounts it seems that was caused by a (literally) one character bug in the unadulterated auth script - observe If you are using pure-ftp add the username into the /etc/ftpusers does not run. To put out of action the right of entry via FTP for an user eliminate the file /etc/proftpd/<user> (first backup it perceptibly) runs for me, using pure-ftp.

When generating an innovative account from side to side whm, an innovative user and password determine to be created to utilize to login to control panel and FTP to entire account. How to protect users be able to have right of entry from side to side FTP. I am a web designer that the entire I necessitate is present right of entry to cpanel merely, blocking completely have a right of entry from side to side ftp. It's probable. Hello, be able to you tell me how to prohibit ftp to have a right of entry for unambiguous account.

Allowing cPanel to have a right of entry additional than not allowing FTP have right of entry for specific accounts is not functionality natively obtainable by cPanel/WHM. As a result, such a thing would necessitate to be done physically. Some encompass put out of action the FTP service the entire together in the precedent to totally put out of action FTP accounts. I keep in mind a recent discussion thread where somebody was attempting to physically modify arrangement files to dis-allow specific users. On the other hand, I do not readily recall if they were successful with that. Maintain in mind, if you put out of action FTP have right of entry, your cPanel user determine to tranquil encompass have right of entry to the files via File Manager, Legacy File Manager (together be able to be disabled via Feature Manager) and Webdisk (DAV protocol).

The FTP and Webdisk determine to always be facilitated for the entire cPanel accounts. At this time, there is no functionality in moreover the cPanel or WHM interfaces for disabling personal accounts' FTP and Webdisk have right of entry without in additional disabling the cPanel account as well. I hold up or maintain this idea 100%. IMHO it be supposed to be probable to encompass ftp have right of entry disabled by defaulting for the entire innovative hosting accounts, and then to be capable to selecting turn it back on per hosting account, as/where wanted. Reading approximately these forums it seems similar to there are manual ways to achieve this by editing config files, but this is not a user-responsive explanation. This problem is becoming a business imperative for us.

Our corporation too has expressed necessitate for putting out of action ftp on specific accounts. There indeed seems no obvious method to put out of action ftp for specific accounts. They encompass on the other hand originate that the /etc/proftpd/ seems to contain a register of ftp accounts for specific users. Possibly removing/altering these userfiles determine to temporarily put out of action ftp on this account (that is awaiting you change settings on this account which result into getting the password reset).