Thread: Servers under nat, same public IP

Servers under nat, same public IP

I want to install multiple servers with two or three personal could publish on the nat. Is this a problem knowing that i only have one public IP address for which i intend to take a custom dns service from dynamic dns to have my own domain name. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Servers under nat, same public IP

It is exactly that, apart from that i plan to use virtual machines to have a single physical machine. So if I understand it, no matter what i must do port forwarding, even if the internal network machines are differentiated by a prefix, just as I open the ports it takes for my apps work. If I am correct, I must setting in the router static routes, I have a box but the firewall is disabled and I am using a router for connection sharing and firewall?
    Sorry but I started in terms of network architecture, for the moment nothing is in place, I learn to know what to do before getting started.

So be careful with the solution you use (a physical machine and virtual machine number) there are several scenarios:
    - Your physical machine inherits the public address (box mode not router)
    - Your VM is on a different subnets that your physical machine
    - Your machine is on a private subnet (box in router mode)
    - Your VMs are on the same subnets as your physical machine (similar to a CAS)
    - Your VM is on a different subnets that your physical machine CASE 3

The difference is that if a routing is done by the software virtualization, while in case 2 it will be the box that it will set.

If your ftp client is open to anonymous is anonymous @ ton_adresse etc.To find your public ip, I mean by that is provided by your ISP, your internet ip, not that of your local network). If you have no firewall, do a ping on your no-ip address (in a shell, slapping your-address-table no-ip.org) then compares the IP address that will give you what your ping with ip . Then see if the same to be sure that your no-ip address moving.

For the proxy, it is an additional element. Dismemberment for the creation of a DMZ. Indeed it allows to add additional security features, after all is a question of balance between the elements to secure and costs (machine, time, maintenance ...) means that we want to implement. Personally, I advise you to go mostly by stage.Nothing prevents you to define your sub final (or at least those elements that want to see) and mount them one after the other, making sure each time that everything works as you want. If we take the case DMZ + + Proxy Service (SNMP, FTP ...) you can go about it in either direction depending on whether you feel confident in putting everything in place "at once".

You need to first created your DMZ in which you add your proxy then you will install your servers. Either you start with my hosting an FTP server for example which you can assure that it is reached from the outside. Then a second server hosting another service on another address. Again you can either move in the first DMZ and then add the proxy, or put them behind a proxy first and then move everything in the DMZ. There is no standard solution, some are just more appropriate in some cases. For squid, I cannot answer you, never use this product. I hope you will not mind too generic to stay in my answers, but I think it is better to try to provide you with ways to address.

I think you should limit the number of virtual machines as you run the risk of galleries define the resources needed for each machine. It is to partition but if you do not know in advance how much disk space you'll need for each partition at a time you might have to make tweaks to redefine them, increase them, and resize them. You probably should consider replacing the virtual machines. I think this is more flexible for what you want to do. A reverse proxy in your case it will be fairly useful in my opinion. A reverse proxy will help relieve some of the server queries the static pages of your site. But if your web server and your proxy settings are on the same machine utility is less.