Thread: Http://192.168.1.1 is not working anymore? I can't set up the router

Http://192.168.1.1 is not working anymore? I can't set up the router

I recently reset my router because I was not getting internet connection from my router. But now when I try to configure it once again I am unable to connect to the router. When I try to go to 192.168.1.1 to access router's page it gives me a blank page. I tried to configure the IP, default gateway, DNS etc manually on my PC but nothing happens. I even tried to clear cookies and other temporary files from the computer but still the same.

Re: Http://192.168.1.1 is not working anymore? I can't set up the router

I think you need to reset the router once again because it might not have been reset properly. Just find the reset button on your router physically, press and hold the reset button for atleast 10 seconds to get it to factory default settings. Once it is done, and if the router has DHCP enabled, you will see your computer acquiring the IP address. You should now be able to see the lights for network activity blinking for a few seconds. Now you should be able to access the router's page with your web browser.

Are you sure 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address of your router? If you are unsure then go to Network connections, and verify the that's the correct IP address that you are using. It has been seen sometimes that some router's do have 19.168.0.1 as the default IP address. Also are you trying to access your router directly or wirelessly? Because if you want to change some settings then you require direct connection with your router. Connect your router with your computer via a CAT 5 cable and then try the default IP address of the router by using your web browser.

Please note some of the important points before trying out the solution. Are you using some kind of firewall which might block the connection to the router? If any then disable it. Go to Control Panel - Network Connections - TCP/IP Properties - Select "Obtain an IP address automatically" - Press "OK". Now go to command prompt and type "ipconfig/all". Press Enter to get the result. In the result, you should be able to see the default gateway which is nothing but the router's IP address that you should enter into your web browser to access the router's page.

Even I would recommend you to get confirmed what is the router's IP address? Generally Linksys has the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 whereas D-link has 192.168.0.1. Also the below are some of the common default passwords that would help you to get router's access.

user: admin
    pass: password

pass: pass

pass: 12345 (or 1234)

user: (blank)
    pass: admin

user: (blank)
    pass: (blank)

You can get this confirmed from the manual that came with the router.