Thread: Domain redirecting to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Domain redirecting to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I have deleted an addon domain from an account and then after I was trying to add that again the same with another account and currently when I wanted to access the domain name, it just redirecting me again and again for domain.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi ?Anybody got this problem or solved this type of issues before. How do I troubleshoot this? I have checked DNS zone and it seems very well, I have also checked the vhost in httpd.conf and it assumes fine also. What's wrong going on with this?
    Last edited by Caden Fernandes; 14-06-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Re: Domain redirecting to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

This seems very odd issue and the exact ,I had much before and tried to solve this after a long and finally got something and need to share with you .. I have moved to a dedicated server recently and the datacentre supporting me to configuring something with so many domains and stopped this (I have no any idea what they did) ..

I have recently configured a new reseller and nameservers and new shared IP. The domain was already resolving to the IP and nameservers but I redirected the default page thing. Currently, it must be getting to my server to display the default page so how can this be DNS propagation?

I have been always prefer to work upon Linux based servers and I am unable to stand it when I am searxhing for a solution and no one suggested any more answer and now I got the solution and problem has been resolved .

1) You will require to modify the httpd.conf (I recommend you to using locate to find yours, since the locations on everyone's systems vary then you should try "locate httpd.conf")

2) You will likely find an entry as this :

Code:
    <VirtualHost xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:80>
        ServerName www.****urdomain*****.com
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
        ServerAdmin webmaster@urdomain.com
        UserDir disable
    </VirtualHost>

Thanks for your replies and I appreciate your suggestion but I got some other issue as a long list of error message. I moved through the suggestions that you have given through the post above and I followed the procedure but it is occurring the error message below :

[Wed Mar 06 00:20:07 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost XXX.XX.XXX.XX:80 has no VirtualHosts
    [Wed Mar 06 00:20:07 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost XXX.XX.XXX.XX:80 has no VirtualHosts
    [Wed Mar 06 00:20:07 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:0 has no VirtualHosts
    [Wed Mar 06 00:20:07 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
    Please do something. I got this error message and how to heal this issue now ..

If you need to get rid of the error messages as I did later on, then you will require to use WHM to describe and define the VirtualHost template for your domains when WHM writes to httpd.conf also. And you should go for the clearing the browser's cache..

One more thing , Just make an .htaccess file in the directory that has your index.html or index.php file, with the following SINGLE statement : DirectoryIndex index.html index.php.