Thread: cPanel Webmail - internal server error

cPanel Webmail - internal server error

Hello,
    One of my clients has a website and I try to access their site via FTP to setup an Error Document 404 in the. So I went to check whether the 404 was to be seen by working in an incorrect URL (domain.com / example), and it did not work, so I went back into the htaccess file is deleted and the statement that I added to find out that I might have done something wrong. Well, if I have the Web page in the browser type, I can not get anything but a 500 Internal Server Error. And if I try to go to the domain.com / cpanel, IE8 throws a message that I have to be offline, and then click on "Diagnosis of the problem." Basically none of the pages are on show. In FTP, the files are still on the server. Through FTP, it means that I do not have the permission to open the file.

Re: cPanel Webmail - internal server error

Hello,
    I think I have solved this problem, with a backup of my website. So I went to my WHM and terminated the account and the account reset. Then I went to the site and uploaded the home directory and the databases. So the lesson here is to have backups of your pages.

If you use 777 permissions on a folder or file, probably this error occurs. So the ideal is always record of 755 and 644 for both (unless otherwise stated in the documentation of the software or script).
    Is there a way to make this change to all folders and all files, in case you have multiple files and directories with permissions errors.
    To change the permissions of all directories to 755, in SSH type:
    Code:
    find / home / * / public_html-type d-exec chmod 755 ();
    To change the permissions of all files to 644, in SSH type:
    Code:
    find / home / * / public_html-type f-exec chmod 644 ();
    Another cause of these errors may be the. Htaccess, trying to change a setting in PHP. Open. Htaccess and see if there are lines with the type of command php_flag and php_value. If there, delete them.

Have you replaced. Htaccess to the root of a site. Htaccess file containing only "a php" as called for installing the software with free and secondly it is also an empty folder "sessions" on root? Many problems with free since the last version of the software, for my part I used for testing free template and give me a hand on modules, but it's too galley. I made the modif "php 1 with the software but it worked with the version I am constantly interrupted when admin mods and Error 500. In addition the site also puts in 500 error alone? Free hotline for chat does not handle this problem and refers to the newsgroups. I guess it depends on the server on which the site and its flow. A request too long and bingo: error 500. If anyone has a solution I'm interested too, because it is much too unstable when it works. On various forums you turn around, always the same solution, Htaccess with php one, but ditto with SPIP or WPress

- Free Hosting without ads with Mysql, php and management settings Cpanel: config. htaccess, ftp custom IP blocking, forwarding, subdomains
    Installing Joomla 1.5.15 without any problems (think about creating a Database with Cpanel before). Site easily and without error 500.
    Of course I would not venture to put a production site (fee) but for testing of modules, handling backups, template

cPanel/Any Panel - Here are the steps to activating Uploader Successfully:
    CHMOD 755 - /cgi-bin and all files in /cgi-bin
    CHMOD 777 /uberuploader and all files in /uberuploader EXCEPT images