Thread: Shared SSL certificate issue on cPanel

Shared SSL certificate issue on cPanel

I set up my first ssl certificate (there are others on our server but I have not installed). I bought cheap by SBS Instant, since it is just for web forms.Ultimately, I get the error message.I am using cPanel Web hosting. I find it hard to configure SSL on my domain. Please help.

Re: Shared SSL certificate issue on cPanel

The module is the cryptographic algorithm used to create KeyPair public / private. If they do not match or when he got corrupted somehow, or more likely you might have generated another CSR (Certificate Signing Request) or removing the original CSR before CERT install commercial. When you publish a CERT, you do for the server - when you have created could have been just provided the name server. It should have been provided to the FQDN of the server instead (www.yourdomain.com). If this was not done, you should get another CERT with the correct name. To double check, open the CERT (just double click it) and look at the general label - if this match, great, if not then you might also look at the label details to ensure the subject alternative name to see if it could be other names listed here that could match correctly.

To install your SSL certificate:
    1. Login to control panel cPanel.
    2. The menu Security click SSL Manager
    3. Below the line Private Key (KEY) click Create, post, upload or delete your private keys
    4. Below the line Create a New Key select your domain in the dropdown menu and then click the button Create
    5. Return to the previous menu by clicking Return
    6. Click Return to SSL Manager
    7. Under Certificate Signing Request (CSR) click the link Create, post, upload or delete applications for registration of SSL certificate

You need to Produce information requested under create a New Application for Registration Certificate. Make sure you provide a valid email address, it will be used to send you your final certificate. For fields Country and State you'll put the 2-letter abbreviation for the country and state. In the field Pass Phrase you can put a word of your choice. Once information is entered, click the button Create. cPanel now displays CSR (Certificate Signing Request). It will look like a string of random characters.

You must copy the certificate CSR (starting with the line ----- BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST ----- to the end including the line ----- END CERTIFICATE REQUEST -----) in your Press paper or in a text file like Notepad, for future use. Return to the previous menu by clicking Return. Click on the button Return to SSL Manager. Now you should see one of the emails that you sent the message object is called Configuring SSL certificate required then click on the link configuration found in the message. Choose from the dropdown menu Web Server Type Option cPanel / WHM. In the text box to paste the certificate CSR. Complete all information on the section Administrative Contacts.

After a certain period (which can last up to 48 hours) an email entitled Your order has been "Completed RapidSSL that contains the SSL certificate will be sent to the email address provided in step 8. Copy and paste the SSL certificate (starting with the line ----- BEGIN CERTIFICATE ----- to the end including the line ----- END CERTIFICATE -----) into your clipboard or in a text file like Notepad. The SSL certificate will look like a string of random characters.

Back menu SSL Manager cPanel, just after the line Certificates (CRT) click Create, post, upload or delete SSL certificatesThen paste the SSL certificate in the text box Upload a New Certificate and confirm by clicking the button Upload. Return to the previous menu by clicking Return. Click on the button Return to SSL Manager. Finally under the line Certificates (CRT) click on the link Installer SSLThen under the line Install / Update A Host SSL click on the selection list Field and choose your domain name without the www then confirm by clicking on the button Install Certificate.