Thread: Conflicy with site gateway 192.168.1.1

Conflicy with site gateway 192.168.1.1

I am very new to the gateway topic. I have just started studying about the networking. Now I have asked about the conflict with the site gateway 192.168.1.1. Please tell me about the gateway and the conflicts that occurs in it. Please provide me with the detailed information about the gateway. Because I think that after knowing about the gateway, I can come to know about the Conflicy with site gateway 192.168.1.1. Help me as soon as possible.

Re: Conflicy with site gateway 192.168.1.1

A gateway (gateway) is a device, usually a computer, which allows interconnect networks with protocols and architectures different from all levels of communication. Its purpose is to translate the information on the protocol used on a network to the protocol used in the destination network. The router or "gateway" is usually a computer configured to provide equipment for a local network (LAN) connected to it access to an external network, usually made to this address translation operations IP (NAT : Network Address Translation). This address translation capability allows you to apply a technique called IP Masquerading (IP masquerading), often used to provide access to Internet to computers on a local area network sharing a single Internet connection, and therefore a single external IP address.

he IP address of a gateway (or gateway) often seems to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and uses some predefined ranges, 127.xxx, 10.xxx, 172.16.xx to 172.31.xx, 192.168.xx, that encompass or are reserved for local networks (see LAN ). In addition it should be noted that necessarily a team that plays the role of gateway on a network, you must have two network cards. The settings in the routers home, is to write the IP address of the gateway on a Web browser , which requested the Administrator username and password, and if correct will open a web page showing information modem , WAN and LAN , allowing editing.

You will need to set a PC to have an IP address in the range 192.168.1.x connect to the router, login as admin then change the IP. You will loose connection at that point so you will then need to change the ip address on the pc to one in the 192.168.0.x range. In a domestic environment is used by routers ADSL as gateways to connect the local network with the network home, the Internet, but this gateway does not connect two networks with different protocols, which makes it possible to connect two separate networks using the aforementioned NAT.

In particular network devices are interconnected with each other through hubs or switches . When you want to group these devices can connect those hubs to some routers . A router it does is connect networks that use the same protocol (for example, IP, NetBIOS , AppleTalk ). But a single router can connect networks that use the same protocol. When what you want is to connect networks with different protocols, using a gateway, since this device makes it possible to translate the addresses and message formats between different networks.

For those who have problems with the live quietly in wifi :
    • Disable the standby ports in the USB power management
    • Disable the Windows firewall on the wireless connection (right click on the wireless connection)
    • Disable the IEEE 802.1X authentication (wifi connection Properties - Authentication tab)
    • Put your static IP, but from 51, because the addresses 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.51 are reserve DHCP the livebox, then started to 192.168.1.52
    • Then if you use pa dongle supplied with the livebox, it is addressing Be certain that the mac address is deactivated (in the livebox) or re-enter the mac address of your wireless network card

Normally these manip must solve the problems of loss of WiFi connection with the livebox. If it persists you can try :
    • Disable your 56k modem or Ethernet network card, there may be a conflict between it and the one with wifi
    • Disable the firewall to livebox (but to protect local)

On your computer connected to the Livebox, double click "My Network Places" then click on "View network connections" on the left. The connection to the Livebox appears in the list. Right click it and then click Properties. The configuration window displays the connection. In the list, select "Internet Protocol (TCP / IP) and click Properties. A window opens. Select" Use the following IP address. "Enter the IP address field, address ip you want to assign to the computer. This should be of the form 192.168.1.x, x ranging from 10-50. We absolutely must provide separate IP addresses for each of your computers. Enter the other fields, such as the information below and then click OK.
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (address of the livebox)