Thread: Unable to connect wireless modem Siemens Se587 to PS3

Unable to connect wireless modem Siemens Se587 to PS3

I am currently using Windows XP operating system on my desktop computer. The desktop computer is already having Internet connection provided by a Siemens Se587 modem. This modem has a wireless capability but I unable to connect the PS3 to the modem using Wireless connectivity. No available servers are visible on the PS3. What steps should be implemented to make the PS3 work with the wireless modem? Any solution for this issue are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to connect wireless modem Siemens Se587 to PS3

I think you will have to configure the modem according to the settings for the Playstation for connecting to the remote servers. For any device to access the internet using a modem, certain changes in the configuration are to be made. Hence contact your ISP and get the required configuration settings for the modem. Configure the modem according to the settings and see if the PS3 is able to connect to the Internet or not.

The wireless network which you are trying to connect to the PS3 must be having network password which is not letting the PS3 to connect to the network. I will suggest that you login to the modem and remove the authentication password for the network. After removing the authentication password, connect the PS3 to the wireless modem and see if the remote servers are available or not.

Follow the steps below and you will be able to play the game online using PS3 :-
    1. Go to Settings of PS3
    2. Now select Network settings
    3. Now Select Wireless and enter the SSID
    4. Put the authentication information.
    5. Now select Automatic configuration and save the settings.
    6. Restart the PS3 and check if you are able to connect to the remote servers.

Thanks for suggesting the configuration of network settings for the PS3. I configured the PS3 as per the settings provided by you and then tried to connect to the remote servers of the game. Is there any other way to connect to the remote servers using the PS3? If yes then please suggest some.

Have you connected the controller to the Xbox? Sometimes if the controller is not connected to the xbox then certain features of the xbox are disabled. I will suggest that you connect the xbox controller and then try to connect xbox to the internet. Also as the wireless connectivity is not working, try using an ethernet cable

You have selected the manual configuration for the network and hence the Xbox is not getting the IP address assigned. Therefore try manual configuration for the xbox and then see if the remote servers are available for connection or not. Configure IP address and DNS server manually in the network settings of the xbox. See if it helps.