Thread: False Positive ? PCTAVsvc.exe file

False Positive ? PCTAVsvc.exe file

I have just performed the updation of my current version of PC Tools right now to 6.1, downloaded entire updates and then executed a completed scan on my system. The scan captured up the below :

C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\ErrorRep\UserDumps\PCTAVsvc.exe.{time stamp}.hdmp
    I promptly healed this and started another full scan now. Is this any type of actual virus or could this be a known false positive? If the former, can I actually make sure that PC Tools has removed this completely ? Any help would be appreciated !!!!

Re: False Positive ? PCTAVsvc.exe file

I have no confusion at all that since you have had your computer , you've had the hassle of miscellaneous difficulties having to do with windows system . There are so many users are not aware about the fact that with the majority of such type of incidents, there is one root of these problem: your windows registry. Only one thing which is needed of you right away when you receieve a pctavsvc exe issue is to check whether your registry is 'contaminated'.

An improper program or other device installation, removal or update simple damages your Windows registry and that results with Exe File errors, your computer gets so slow downs, Internet connection errors, and some different common computer related issues. For the following errors, you need a repair tool that should be designed not only to detect and repair any Exe File error, it will make you capable to simply optimize your computer performance .

It seems as I am in so unlucky . as of last posting, the full scan displayed that the virus was moved that has been past . since then, I have not turned to my machine and even the ethernet cable was unplugged .

Today , I turned this on as a weekly complete scan, what shows to be the exact virus displayed up again. Curently , it had migrated to a local temp directory:Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\WERe918.dir00\PCTAVSvc.exe.hdmp ...One thing in mind that this time the main file is missing the section which it had before, which was the time stamp. Thanks and hope for any more suggestion !!!!

This is the windows related file and you think it wouldn't harm anything . Your computer is running in well manner or is it getting slow down. Because, it is located in windows system file and manages the system performance related operations . PCTAVSvc.exe is described in full in The Ultimate Troubleshooter. The Ultimate Troubleshooter, TUT, contains the complete database in a remarkably simply and pleasing interface that makes the process of fine tuning your computer system performance or troubleshooting your PC issues . Nothing can speed up a slow PC as well as TUT can.
    Last edited by SalVatore; 11-06-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Dr. V Guest

It seems as you mostly running with the same rootkit that hides Spyware.Apropos (aka Wingenerics). Start with report of several users and who also running with the same issue yet .

Commonly, you would require to reboot your computer system in safe mode and provide the new name to the hidden drivers that RKR finds in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ and C:\WINDOWS\system32\. Find out, How to remove the WinGenerics from system?...MSSQLServer\uptime_time_utc is a proper documented false positive. The C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP components seems unassociated with the above and may suggest a damaged filesystem. Issue the CHKDSK /F command and see what that finds.