Thread: How to use laptop in vlan mode

How to use laptop in vlan mode

I would like to know if you knew how to create port-based VLANs on HP Laptop. I tried many things but I can not. I have a so many PC in my office. These PCs (all windows) are all connected by a switch. All offices should have access to the internet but not see them. Since I try VLANs per port by a head office on port 1, another on the 2 and my internet connection on 3. For my tests I plug my laptop directly to a port. Let the asset that is plugged into port 3 accepts 802.1Q but I do not know if it works well. I tried with IP addresses but I do not know exactly what to wear. My router DHCP will not provide addresses to VLANs that are on a different range of addresses Wan? Please help. Thanks.

Re: How to use laptop in vlan mode

Before you configure VLANs, you must make a dialplan ip and determine how they will interconnect different networks ip. this requires a good knowledge of the firewall. It does not break a network into VLANs for pleasure, but with a clear objective and plan out the migration steps, with testing required for each step. if not following the rules, we will turn round test / backspace or break everything for days. So before you configure VLANs must be defined how many machines are put into each broadcast with traffic generated and then the numbering is determined to adopt IP. I do not feel it was done.Then it provides how to interconnect these networks and how IP routing possibly on the Internet.

You can not route users to the Internet each vlan. plus you do not put ip addresses on ports but on VLANs and ports are assigned to the vlan. Then to distribute IP addresses from a DHCP server in several vlan must use the ip helper on the VLAN to redistribute the DHCP or BOOTP requests between VLANs. I frankly connect multiple offices with just 2524 you can not say that you have big way. To achieve the arch you want to do it you need at least 2650.

You create 3 VLAN separately.Then you should return config interface that you want eg. Top 10 ports have FA0 / 1, FA0 / 2, FA0 / 3, FA0 / 4 ... etc..
    you must go into the config of each of these interfaces
    Code:
     Switch> enable
        password
        switch # conf
        yes
        Switch (config) # int FA0 / 1
        Switch (config-if) # switchport mode access
        Switch (config-if) # switchport access vlan 1
    like that for your first 10 interfaces. You do the same things for the following 10 fa0/11, fa0/12 ... etc.. but instead of "switchport access vlan 1" puts "switchport access vlan 2". You again for the last four ports with "switchport access vlan 3" .

You need to Open an MS-DOS console. Type the command "getmac". Copy the physical address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX (12 characters) on paper. Also check th esteps:
    -Start Menu / Settings / Control Panel.
    -Double click the network connection.
    -Right-click on:
    -Click on "supervisory status" context menu.
    -We get this window:
    -Click on "Details":
    -Copy the physical address on a paper
    then obtain the MAC address of the host PC.

The vlan is the "default". On the cisco vlan is used "implied" when no other vlan is specified. You can put whatever you want as vlan management, home is on 10. vlan is the notion of there to facilitate the "storage" of a same network entity. We must therefore define your VLANs according to your network architecture. Viewing the site I've spent a link, it explains quite well the concept of VLANs. All VLANs are technically the same. Their denomination that changes with the use made of it.

You can use the vlan without a problem if it is tagged, ie you change the native vlan (if you do the 802.1q, ISL in native vlan are not in fact even in dot1q tag can tousle VLANs but that's another story). Besides the fact that the native vlan carries a lot of protocol (spanning tree among others), there are attacks that are possible vlan hopping above.