Thread: Windows Vista CDMA 1X USB modem not working

Windows Vista CDMA 1X USB modem not working

I am having Compaq Presario C700 which is having Windows Vista as default operating system. Now the problem is that I am not able to use the CDMA 1X USB modem into it. I have tried to install the latest version of the application as well as drivers from an Internet thinking that it will start working properly. But nothing happened and the same problem is still persisting. I am sure there should be some way out for this problem. Please guide me properly to fix this problem of CDMA 1X USB modem.

Re: Windows Vista CDMA 1X USB modem not working

To utilize your phone via USB you do necessitate loading a special driver. You can generally find this, but barely from the phone maker not your provider. Since you didn't tells us what phone and model you are using I can't point you to the driver. If you want you can mention back with the phone maker and model and we can get you the link if you are unfamiliar with verdict drivers. Or else, redirecting to your phone makers’ home page and clicking support will get you started in searching the USB driver for using your phone as a modem.

I would like to recommend you to uninstall your applications that you installed for the phone. After doing that Run Registry Fixer. Once your registry gets fixed you can install again. Many times doing this fixes the problem, so it would be better if you give a try for it. If you want the registry fixer you can get from the below link :
    http://www.techarena.in/download/reg...ry-cleaner.htm

I use MandrakeLinux 10.1 and I want to install a modem during the installation the OS offers me a list of Internet service providers (providers) who does not mine, what prevents me from continuing the installation. Does someone can help me solve this problem? Please help me, I have tried to search it but I never got an appropriate solution. I am desperate for the help that can fix the issue.

Normally: You throw the graphical tool or you configures all ("control center") and must select to create a new ADSL connection and in this menu there is a box to select the driver, here it is important to find the driver "eagle-usb" (AC must be). After it is indeed the choice for ISPs. If your ISP is not listed, try first with another ISP. So if it does not work, it is possible that the VPI and VCI settings are not identical. Be sure that the DNS should be automatically forwarded to the moment when it works, maybe you will not need that. If you can it might be well to install the very latest Mandriva 2006.

Apart from that there are very many subjects dealing with this problem. I advise you search this forum, starting with the topics proposed above, look after other matters with the search after and come back with specific matters. With an ethernet modem is in Mandrake (and any other Linux distribution) or a LAN connection (if DHCP) or an ADSL connection (if PPPoE).