Thread: Samsung S5560 cannot connect to Belkin Wireless Router

Samsung S5560 cannot connect to Belkin Wireless Router

I have recently bought a Samsung S5560 phone which has wifi capability. I am using Belkin Wireless router for accessing Internet on all the computers which are connected on the network. The problem is my Samsung S5560 cannot connect to Belkin Wireless Router. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem. The phone shows that it is connected to the router but still cannot access any web pages. How do I solve this problem? Any suggestions regarding the topic are welcome.

Re: Samsung S5560 cannot connect to Belkin Wireless Router

Mostly when any device is to be added or removed from the network, the router has to be configured properly. If there is any problem with the configuration of the router, the devices wont be able to connect to it. Hence as you are not able to access Internet via the wireless router, you will have to make necessary changes in the routers configuration.

Try resetting the phone and then try to connect it to the router. The firmware of the phone is responsible for controlling all the functions of the phone. Therefore if the firmware of the phone gets stuck in some command, then certain features of the phone will not work properly. To bring the phone back to working state, you will have to reset the phone. Power off the phone and remove the battery. Replace the battery and see if the phone is able to connect to the router or not.

The devices which are connected to the router using Wireless connectivity get there IP address assigned by the DHCP running on the router. If the device does not get the DHCP assigned then it wont be able to access Internet on it. Therefore I would suggest that you login to the router and restart the DHCP running on the router. Once the DHCP is restarted, connect to the router and check if the internet is working.

Resetting the phone did not help. After resetting the phone, still I am not able to access Internet on the phone. The phone gets disconnected frequently from the router and hence I cannot open any website on the phone. So I want to know if there are any alternate solutions? Please suggest some.

You will have to activate the 802.1x settings on the router and the phone to make the connection work properly. I was also facing the same problem with the phone which was solved by activating the 802.1x on the router and the phone. Refer the manual to know the procedure.