Thread: Help me to Configure a TP Link Router as Repeater.....

angry Help me to Configure a TP Link Router as Repeater.....

Hi... Bought a TP-Link 108M router to use it as repeater along with my Utsracom (Type-II modem ) , trying to configure it... couldnt do it.. can anyone help me out pls........

Re: Help me to Configure a TP Link Router as Repeater.....

I have a Utstarcom wifi modem+router which is supplied by Dataone(My ISP) and i have configured it such a way tht when i switch on the modem , i can access internet via wifi from my laptop( its open network with no WEP key) , but the problem is tht i can get the signal only in the room in which this modem is placed , cant get in the next room

so i bought this TP-Link TL-WA601G to use it as a repeater, what i am planning to do is, i want to keep this tp link router at the end of my first room such that it catches the signal from Utstarcom modem and repates it such a way tht i can get the signal in the second room also.....

pls help me how to do this.....tried the user manual... but couldnt do it....

Re: Help me to Configure a TP Link Router as Repeater.....

This is just my idea. First get rid of the Utstarcom router. The TP link WA-601G is a good WI-FI router. The signal strength is more than enough to cover just about anywhere you need in the home or apartment. Mine will cover about 25 meters effectively. But this of course is determined by many factors, walls, interference, etc. Don't try using it as a repeater try using the tplink as the main router in your network. Later after you follow the instructions and get it working well you can install the wep key. The idea about networking is to keep it as simple as possible, you can always add problems later. hehehe, here is the TPLINK website with user manual, good luck
    Last edited by nickomono; 07-06-2010 at 05:49 PM.