Thread: Dlinkap web page is not opening

Dlinkap web page is not opening

I am having a D-Link G604T ADSL wireless router, which presently serves 3
    indoor PCs: There description is as follows :
    • 1 Ethernet (Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2),
    • 2 wireless (1 Windows XP Prof Service Pack 2, 1 2000 Prof Service Pack 4).

One of the 2 wireless PCs (the XP Prof SP2) only gets deprived through wall, fixtures reception. The Router is at 10.0.0.1 and provides DHCP for the clients from 10.0.0.2 up. I have bought another D-Link DWL 2100AP to access point with the idea, in repeater mode, to extend the G604T range. In short I would like to ask that why my Dlinkap web page is not opening.?? Please help.!!

Re: Dlinkap web page is not opening

Such problems cause when your Java browser is not updated. So, I would suggest you to make sure you have Java browser updated. If it is not updated then you can update it from an official site of the Java. I would like to recommend you the following things :
    • Internet Explorer 6 or higher
    • Netscape 8 or higher
    • Opera 9.0 or higher
    • Safari 2.0 or higher (with Java 1.4.1 or higher)
    • Firefox 1.5 or higher

If you are still receiving the Error 500 when trying to join to the web configuration of your machine D-Link, make sure you have the newest version of Windows Update for Internet Explorer 6. If you are working on operating system like Windows XP, Windows Vista or Server 2003, then it would be better if you download the latest patch of Java from www.java.com.

To resolve problems of access to the web utility model D-Link, please follow the steps that has mentioned below :
    • Verify physical connectivity by checking for light fixtures on the device. If you do not have the light fixtures, use a different network cable or try connecting to another port.If the computer is off, the link light may not be turned on.
    • Disable any internet security software that runs on the computer. Software firewalls such as Zone Alarm, Norton Personal Firewall, and Windows XP Firewall, can block access to the configuration pages. Check the help files included with your firewall software to see if more information is to disable or configure.

Configure your Internet settings. Go to Start - Settings - Control Panel. Double-click the Internet Options icon, go to Security tab and click the button to restore the defaults. You can do the below steps :
    1. Click the Connection tab and check the option "No Never dial a connection."
    2. Click on the "LAN Settings".
    3. Nothing should be checked. Click OK.
    4. Go to "Advanced" tab and click the button to restore the default pair.
    5. Click OK and close any open windows on your desktop.

If you are trying to configure a D-Link router, then take note of your Gateway IP address and default. The default could be 192.168.0.1. If you are trying to configure an access point or print server, you may need to configure your computer with a static IP address in the appropriate range. Enter the webmaster. Open your web browser and enter the IP address of your device D-Link in the address bar. This should open the page to log the webmaster. Use the instructions provided with your product, complete the configuration.

Configure your Internet settings. Go to Start - Settings - Control Panel. Double-click the Internet Options icon, go to Security tab and click the button to restore the defaults. Click the Connection tab and check the option "No Never dial a connection." Click on the "LAN Settings". Then Nothing should be checked. Click OK. Go to "Advanced" tab and click the button to restore the default pair.