Thread: Dlinkap Problems

Dlinkap Problems

I am posting here so that I can get some help from your side. I am trying to get wireless access point DLink DWL-2100AP and I use it as a repeater for it is that it is configured in access point by default and I do not know how to put mode repeater. When I am trying to access the configuration menu by typing 192.168.0.50 in Internet Explorer I am not getting success into it. I do not know what to do. Someone over there has an idea to fix this issue?

Re: Dlinkap Problems

There are many similar issues which is having the same way of troubleshooting. First you will have to reset the router. Disengage the power supply and press the reset button for more than 3 seconds. Afterward you will be able to enter the router with factory setting 192.168.0.1. I am sure that doing this will resolve your issue. Also I would like to comment that if you are having some issues in Internet Explorer, then try to use some another browser like Mozilla FireFox, or Opera.!! That may help you.

Hello, to access the interface of the DWL-2100 AP must :
    1. The physically connect to a computer with an Ethernet cable.
    2. The IP address of the NIC that this computer is in the same address range as the DWL-2100AP

Once one has accessed the interface, it is possible to change the IP access 2100AP for it to be in line with the range of addresses used in the local network where the 2100AP to be used by the on.

You can also use an Injection. Both support Linux and Windows. Value = Lx, indicates that the card goes into monitor mode and allows the injection of traffic to increase data capture in Linux. This function is very important in wireless auditing. It may be that traffic does not inject a certain standard, so try to include standard is effective and possible injection. Be 802.11b, 802.11g is, that is for both 802.11b / g. The added + CV, indicates that the card goes into monitor mode and allows the injection of traffic to increase data capture in Windows with the CommView 5.2 for Wifi. If the card is b / g can be injected in both modes. If it's just b mode can only logically be injected into 802.11b mode. Whichever is +? Does this mean that we have no information as to whether injected into Windows with Commview 5.2.

I have not the AP, but I would say that everyone should come by default configured to emit a signal. The truth is that the manual segon AP ip, as you say is 192.168.0.50. How long have you had pressed the reset? The same has been recently. I've seen a utility on the website of D-Link Spain: DWL-2100AP AP Manager for FW version 230. I think that it might be useful for you.

Thanks to D-Link AP Manager Implementation "miracle" to call it somehow, I found the AP network. Without requiring external cooling ... see that such a value of 20 dBm, 100 mW? Overheated too much? Experiences? I have a Conceptronic C54APM, but are not the same team, I imagine that the configuration should be perfectly valid for both. I had mine in repeater mode and configure it like this :
    The main router had the IP 192.168.1.1, so I put the AP with 192.168.1.100 and equipment with manual ip in the range 192.168.1.X

Unable to access the AP. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've tried all sorts of dynamic ip's (I know that the AP should not give me IP) and static, placing the gateway at 192.168.0.1 - 50 (should be the default 50 does not?) Trying to access both telnet and from the web browser (if one does not work, xk iva to do the other?), assigning the subnet's ip from outside, all kinds of ranges ... pffff no longer know what else I have to try. As the pc from which I operate, direct Ethernet access router, I thought the AP click directly to the router, change the ip of a pc above the subnet of the AP (x eg 192.168.0.52) and try to access the configurator.